Sign in to follow this  
pgde

AI Lights Reborn Pro Ed v1.20.0 Released with HF2 Video

@simbol,

very keen to know if this will work with P3Dv5 with TG 1.1.15 current version?

of course, will install HF2, when released

if all good, I will happily purchase asap...

you have put a lot of work into the GUI - greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, simbol said:

1) I built the add-on upon people request after doing a freeware that was available for over 3 years.

When you're ready for the next project, I've got one. 😉

I need a way to deploy lights with the features and capabilities of AILRP to create night lighting environments for photoreal scenery. There is a product available, but because it is regional it isn't available everywhere and, moreover, would cost thousands (or at least many hundreds) of dollars to use it everywhere.  The control AILRP gives users over the appearance of lights is fantastic. Combining it with scenproc+OSM/vector data to build a night environment would be killer.  I can do it now with "default" lights, but it leaves a lot to be desired... The tools already exist to build the BGLs and place lights based on OSM/Vector data, just need high quality customizable lights to place!  And maybe we can fix default PAPI/VASIs and airport beacons while we're at it... 😉

7 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

This is payware? People are actually paying to be able to make adjustments to AI Lights? 

I dunno, it's the cost of one average add-on airport. Or 60% of the cost of the most expensive flytampa, simwings/aerosoft, flightbeam, pacsim or LVFR airports. If you fly with AI, you're going to see these at every airport on every flight. I have so many add on airports I'm lucky if I get to each one more than once a month...but AI - I see on every flight.  In terms of a [time of enjoyment]:[cost] ratio, this has got to be among the highest...but for sure YMMV - if it isn't something that you care about, no biggie. I don't understand all the fuss about chaseplane or ezdok or FSUIPC, but some people can't fly without those...we all care about different things...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I have used this addon since it was freeware and changed over to the payware version when it came out. It really does make a definite improvement to you AI hanger. Thanks Simbol for the update.

Ken

• Like 2

The video certainly helps identify the usability of the software. 

One question, the strobes seem to illuminate a majority of the fuselage in your video. Focusing on one airplane makes it easier to notice. I focused on the aircraft directly below the UI.

Is this is a limitation of the underlying platform? 

14 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

Uh, excuse me, but only the Queen of my abode has the ability to call me an word not allowed, for purchasing a program that does what I don't have the knowledge or time to accomplish. That's why I bought (idiotically of course), a car, a riding lawn mower, etc. Just for fun I purchased a dishwasher. I earned it, I get to spend it.   

Spot on 👍

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

9 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

very keen to know if this will work with P3Dv5 with TG 1.1.15 current version?

AI Lights Reborn Professional is fully compatible with Traffic Global. I worked for weeks with Richard Slater (TG Developer from Just Flight) to be sure everything works and I also explained to them how to add the missing lighting they had for their models, etc.

S.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, krazyk said:

The video certainly helps identify the usability of the software. 

One question, the strobes seem to illuminate a majority of the fuselage in your video. Focusing on one airplane makes it easier to notice. I focused on the aircraft directly below the UI.

Is this is a limitation of the underlying platform? 

It was for V4 4.1, with new features I requested from Lockheed Martin and now V5 things changed but all my customers really like the strobes on this form as in a way it simulates how your "eyes" would see / perceive a xenon flash in real world were everything gets full of light for few milliseconds blinding your view (something we are unable to fully replicate under P3D at the moment).

In addition something to be aware is that when I do these videos I need to push the settings to extreme levels so people notice what is going on as you are missing the effect of HDR and other factors with a video since you are not inside the simulator, etc..

But you can take the strobes dynamic light intensity and dynamic light size and deduce them to -20% and the strobes will stop flashing on the airplanes surface, the whole point on the software is to give you full control on your AI models lighting.

I will be publishing new "textures sets" in the future which would make the strobes to be angled away from fuselage, this way people can select the ones they like. But based on the feedback and what I have seen my customer do, the majority of people will continue to use the current strobes and for this reason I haven't make this a really high priority. 

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Everyone piled on Fakeflyer here, but I went back and read his comments and they're actually pretty reasonable and supportive of the product.

AI lights are a niche within a niche. It's not unexpected that some people are surprised that we spend money on apps to change the viewpoint, keep the timezone in sync etc. 

It really is an "only in flightsim" type of thing. 

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

13 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Everyone piled on Fakeflyer here, but I went back and read his comments and they're actually pretty reasonable and supportive of the product.

AI lights are a niche within a niche. It's not unexpected that some people are surprised that we spend money on apps to change the viewpoint, keep the timezone in sync etc. 

Is really is an "only in flightsim" type of thing. 

I think we all agree on several things:

1. technically it's a great product, Simbol has gone from nothing to being probably the world leader in P3D based particle effects development.

2. Simbol provides exemplary support.

3. AILRP sits amongst those products that can for some of us radically improve immersion. [edit: especially when combined with AIG traffic]

Do we all want to pay for that? of course not and that's fine 🙂

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

34 minutes ago, simbol said:

AI Lights Reborn Professional is fully compatible with Traffic Global. I worked for weeks with Richard Slater (TG Developer from Just Flight) to be sure everything works and I also explained to them how to add the missing lighting they had for their models

thank you, Simbol

the reason i asked is the TG ** link on your product page points back to a forum post of 2019 - i thought i would, therefore, ask you directly...

AILRP software purchase first thing tomorrow - looking forward to using it & more AI aircraft learning!

cheers,

craig

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

The reason i asked is the TG ** link on your product page points back to a forum post of 2019 - i thought i would, therefore, ask you directly...

craig

Hi Craig,

I will update it, basically it requires a "minimun" TG version in order to ensure you will see landing lights as Richard Slater only installed these after we worked together..

S. 

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, simbol said:

I will be publishing new "textures sets" in the future which would make the strobes to be angled away from fuselage, this way people can select the ones they like. But based on the feedback and what I have seen my customer do, the majority of people will continue to use the current strobes and for this reason I haven't make this a really high priority. 

Only quoting a portion of your response as I don't want to extend the length of my post.

Thank you for responding and providing information for my query.

It's appreciated that you've provided the option to configure the overall brightness. Angled illumination will be very interesting as that's further towards simulating the real world counterparts.

I look forward to reading more about your product before making an informed decision.

• Like 1

"Why the hell should we pay for something so simple as AI lights?" and "Why does anyone buy it?"

For anyone not interested in recreating the most realistic experience possible, I can understand these types of questions. For anyone who wants the maximum realism, AILRP makes a very subtle, but obvious improvement to the sim.

In the same way that Orbx provides replacement landclass textures, Toga's EnvTex and Rex's Texture Direct replace other textures, and FSPXAI has given us improved AI models, why is it a surprise that some simmers want better than just the default?

The whole hobby is based upon the premise of not accepting what each vanilla version of our favourite sim offers. We throw all sorts of add-ons into our sims to improve them: Airports, aircraft, shaders, sounds, textures and weather.
Where we draw the line and say "I'm happy with how it is now" varies massively between each simmer.

Given the amount of support Simbol has provided, first with the free AI lights version, then extra unrelated help and how much I consider his product to improve my sim (especially at night), I will say that AIRLP is well worth the money for that extra feeling of immersion and a developer who merits our support.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. $26 for an addon that will work for as long as I own the sim is cheap when you consider that going to a theater to see a 2.5 hour movie with some popcorn and a soft drink will cost more and the entertainment value I get for my money will be over with as soon as I leave the theater.

Per hour of entertainment, AILRP is dirt cheap.

My other hobby is boating. Nothing in flight simulation is expensive compared to that.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440