Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

airport XML file questions

Hey, quick question. I've been curating airport XML files for various add-on airports I have to put appropriate airlines and types in appropriate places (with some creative liberties). I love this capability and I will share my various XML files when I'm done. 

My question specifically relates to the ramp and cargo flags in the parkpos line:

<parkpos id="g10" latitude="51.238049" longitude="22.715374" heading="347.1" radius="38.0" cargo="true" ramp="true">
		<aircraft>
			<option airlines="DAE" types="B734,B752" real="false" />
			<option airlines="MHV" types="D328" real="false" />
		</aircraft>
	</parkpos>

I have a ramp parking position at an airport that I'm trying to allow either a DHL cargo plane OR a charter passenger plane use. The DAE are cargo planes and the liveries are flagged as cargo in the liveries.xml file, whereas the MHV Do-328 is not cargo and is not flagged as such.  If I specify cargo="false" then the log reports an error that there is no DAE livery match, and if I specify cargo="true" there is a MHV livery match error in the log. If I choose mark cargo=true and remove the MHV line, then I get DAE as expected and the opposite is true; if I mark cargo=false and delete the DAE option, then the MHV D328 appears as expected.

Could you briefly explain the logic PSX uses in parking planes when it comes to the cargo and ramp fields? I didn't see any details in the docs included with either park position generator or the main app, but sorry if I missed it.

Is it possible to have the same parking position be used by both cargo and non-cargo aircraft, as is sometimes the case at airports with shared ramp parking?

Thanks!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

6 hours ago, cwburnett said:

it possible to have the same parking position be used by both cargo and non-cargo aircraft, as is sometimes the case at airports with shared ramp parking?

No that is not possible for static parked aircraft, only real live aircraft may show that behaviour.

The ramp field is used for soft learning only, PSXT will allocate 90% of the aircraft at non-ramps and 10% at ramp positions (in the airport file first of course, parked aircraft may/will appear at these positions later on).

PSXT uses the cargo field in order to place cargo aircaft at cargo positions (only) and vice versa non cargo aircraft at non cargo positions (only).

Again, this is only for static parked aircraft. Real live aircraft are not controlled by PSXT, except for the last few meters to the parking position.

Edited by kiek

42 minutes ago, kiek said:

No that is not possible for static parked aircraft, only real live aircraft may show that behaviour.

The ramp field is used for soft learning only, PSXT will allocate 90% of the aircraft at non-ramps and 10% at ramp positions (in the airport file first of course, parked aircraft may/will appear at these positions later on).

PSXT uses the cargo field in order to place cargo aircaft at cargo positions (only) and vice versa non cargo aircraft at non cargo positions (only).

Again, this is only for static parked aircraft. Real live aircraft are not controlled by PSXT, except for the last few meters to the parking position.

Got it, thanks!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT