Sign in to follow this  
JU108

Focus on trees, reflections, etc...

so you can also deviate from the topic. I don't care what it is, the main thing is that it will come soon!

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I know what Aces used to be, I was just saying that the simulator never took the name of the developer, but rather the publisher.

Obvioulsy you are nitpicker, wearing blinkers, who doesn't want to call a spade a spade. The whole Microsoft Flight Simulator Series up to FSX where developed under the roof of ONE PATRON - Microsoft (and the ACSES studios where a part of it) - on the SAME PLACE - in  Redmond  (Headquaters of MS).

This is the continuation/reboot of the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise and is built from the foundation of Flight Simulator X.  They never sold the brand.

You are wrong:  Selling the brand is part of a franchise !

About  Franchising on Wikipedia (excerpt from its text):

Where implemented, a franchisor licenses its know-how, procedures, intellectual property, use of its business model, brand, and rights to sell its branded products and services to a franchisee. In return the franchisee (in this case ASOBO) pays certain fees and agrees to comply with certain obligations, typically set out in a Franchise Agreement.

Even Asobo confirms on their main site in bold letters (source: ASOBO  )

Crafting the future: 

Microsoft
Flight Simulator

The next generation
of one of the most beloved
simulation franchises.

Here you can read distinctly, that they are developing for one of the most beloved simulation franchises: " Conclusion: there must be a contract between Microsoft and Asobo based on Franchise."

On Wikipedia someone can read about the upcoming FS2020  :

Flight Simulator will feature Asobo's in-house developed game engine, and leverage Bing Maps data, accessing over two petabytes of data from the cloud on demand......

This !!!! clue is very remarkable. 

Because it infers, that something crucial like the GAME ENGINE itself, is not developed by Microsoft but by ASOBO himself.

Hence: the new flightsim will be an Asobo Flight Sim, leveraged by MS's Azure Cloud and Bing Data.

But I'm afraid that even these informations above are completely useless for a guy like you, and many others who are dazzled by Asobo's graphics - because you only want to belive what you want to believe :cool: .

Over and out.

Edited by KBUR
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

These are real photos, not taken from the simulator.

I had to look twice. A proof MSFS visuals just look too good.

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, JU108 said:

Perhaps most of you do not care, but I just want to share my reflection on various requests for wing flex, detailed ground lightning, trees, etc. This is from an PPL-ASEL holder perspective with long experience from flying DA40-180 and DA40-TDI.

When you fly, frankly, you do not focus on how much the wing of your plane is flexing, nor do you care if an tree is 2m or 20m high, unless it is on the approach/departure path of the runway, and you definately do not care about reflections on the engine cowling.

What you, as a pilot-in-command, care about is how to safely execute an flight from A to B while enjoying the privileges of flying.

For me the following aspects of a new sim are the most important, ...

Getting back on topic, I agree.

Much of the over-analyzing of still pictures or short clips misses or detracts from what a flight simulator is about the most: creating an immersion of actually flying. A flight sim is not primarily for taking screenshots that look like real, but for flying.

I couldn't care less for accurate visual wing flex for example because I usually don't look at the wings while flying an airliner (if they are visible from the cockpit at all).

Most of the issues that stand out when analyzing a still picture will barely be noticable when you are busy flying and navigating your way around, focussing on safely flying the aircraft, let alone e.g. when on final approach on a gusty day.

It is the overall immersion factor which matters most to me, not visual accuracy in every detail.

Edited by RALF9636

38 minutes ago, KBUR said:

Obvioulsy you are nitpicker, wearing blinkers, who doesn't want to call a spade a spade. The whole Microsoft Flight Simulator Series up to FSX where developed under the roof of ONE PATRON - Microsoft (and the ACSES studios where a part of it) - on the SAME PLACE - in  Redmond  (Headquaters of MS).

So because it is made by someone else in another location means that it is not part of the same franchise? That's not how the game industry works. Several studios can work for the same title, and several different studios can work on titles of the same franchise. Sometimes a studio can have several locations, and even in the same location you'll not have the same people working on the same franchise over and over again. With some research you can find a great deal of information about how the industry works. This game is the continuation of the long-running Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise, not a spin-off like Microsoft Flight, not a different title using the same technology as the foundation like Flight Sim World. All of this has been made very clear.

41 minutes ago, KBUR said:

I know very well how franchising works, and this is not it. This is a project commissioned by Microsoft, greenlit by Microsoft, and a first-party Xbox Game Studios title. And if you shall insist on the different location of the studio, it's been made clear in interviews that Asobo are collaborating with a Microsoft team in the US, where the community managers are also based.

44 minutes ago, KBUR said:

Wikipedia is never 100% reliable because information can be contributed by everyone. Anyone can click that edit button and vandalise the page or insert inaccuracies. The game's engine uses Flight Simulator X as the foundation, and Asobo have overhauled it to a staggering degree. But no matter who did that, it's still a Microsoft project. So far you haven't posted any reliable information which confirms what you're saying, in fact everything points to the exact opposite.

And I'm done with this now. If you are going to resort to insults to make a point then it's not worth it. Too bad, I thought we were done with blatant misinformation for a while.

35 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I had to look twice. A proof MSFS visuals just look too good.

Without any context I would have thought the first picture was in the simulator too.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, KBUR said:

About  Franchising on Wikipedia (excerpt from its text):

Even Asobo confirms on their main site in bold letters (source: ASOBO  )

Here you can read distinctly, that they are developing for one of the most beloved simulation franchises: " Conclusion: there must be a contract between Microsoft and Asobo based on Franchise."

This !!!! clue is very remarkable. 

Because it infers, that something crucial like the GAME ENGINE itself, is not developed by Microsoft but by ASOBO himself.

Hence: the new flightsim will be an Asobo Flight Sim, leveraged by MS's Azure Cloud and Bing Data.

But I'm afraid that even these informations above are completely useless for a guy like you, and many others who are dazzled by Asobo's graphics - because you only want to belive what you want to believe :cool: .

Over and out.

As pilots we don't say "Over and out"  - everyone on frequency would take the mickey out of us until we flew out of range.

We say; "Message ends." or "Thanks." or "Understood."

Don't ever say "Over and out" on an ATC Freq. - you'll never live it down.

1 hour ago, KBUR said:

You must be the new mSparks. 

• Like 4

So back to the OP - I'm pretty sure that wing flex is component of the flight model so it should be available in 3rd party planes.  As for the trees there are ~1 trillion RL (real life) trees modeled AFAIK.  This insures accuracy across the globe and you can't get better than that.  

Hope I get selected for the Beta testing in Mid-July.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Much of the over-analyzing of still pictures or short clips misses or detracts from what a flight simulator is about the most: creating an immersion of actually flying. A flight sim is not primarily for taking screenshots that look like real, but for flying.

So technically all you need is a glass cockpit sim and a black screen. Enjoy...!

I think most people look for different things out of their flight sims. Some users really care about all the things you've mentioned and want the actual flying as accurate as possible, others want to fly airliners by the book, and others are just casual gamers/users who want to fly around and look at pretty scenery or fly upside down under the golden gate bridge 🤪

I'm hopeful MS will cater for all these cases, and judging by the effort that is being put to things like weather, AI, scenery, visuals, etc I'm pretty hopeful.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

I mostly agree with the OP, except that I would also consider important, things like correct scaled trees, and a lighting that is as realistic as possible, so even cowl reflections. And for my personal definition of immersion, I'm more interested in wingflex than study level avionics, for default aircrafts.

Oh, I also tend to agree with KBUR. I don't care how the sim is officially called, what's written in the contract, or that it's officially the continuation of a franchise. I consider this the "Asobo Flight Simulator".

Edited by Murmur
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Without any context I would have thought the first picture was in the simulator too.

Yeah... I wasn't overexaggerating. When I first opened the thread I just had a quick glance. It was only when I came back later and read it carefully that I noticed it might actually be real life pics. 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 hours ago, Murmur said:

I mostly agree with the OP, except that I would also consider important, things like correct scaled trees, and a lighting that is as realistic as possible, so even cowl reflections.

Don't forget scenery. I remember when I was doing flight training (PPL), I would have loved to practise my real world flights based on accurate scenery to be prepared. It was not so important to have the most accurate flight dynamics (although it's personally important to me), as that experience will always differ from the real world counterpart - just think about the lack of sense of motion. And my favorite topic... the bad representation of forward slips in sims. 😄

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

19 hours ago, JU108 said:

When you fly, frankly, you do not focus on how much the wing of your plane is flexing

Actually, I do focus on how much the wings are flexing quite a bit when I fly gliders, because they tend to bend quite a lot and it does sometimes look a bit disconcerting. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@ChaoticBeauty I admired your tenacity to explain the reality of the relationship between Asobo et MS but there are fights you cannot win, my friend. I've learnt that much over the years on the Internet 😀.  

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam