Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

1 hour ago, Mroberts95 said:

Things load way faster. I hit the main menu in about 30 sec now compared to 2-3 mins before.

Curious if you have AIG OCI traffic installed?

Overall this looks like quite a substantial update, they even changed the sun and the moon size.  Looking forward to hearing first reports and trying it out myself later.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

56 minutes ago, simbol said:

Which vehicles? default? payware?

It happens with default vehicles as well, just tried. NVIDIA card.

Hans

CYVR is still broken in HF2. I am getting terrible vertices and flashes on yellow block from Runway 26L.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Curious if you have AIG OCI traffic installed?

Overall this looks like quite a substantial update, they even changed the sun and the moon size.  Looking forward to hearing first reports and trying it out myself later.

I do not

• Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

So the design paradimg of DX12 is all about self isolation on the GPU.

Thanks for the explanation Simbol. I understand that DX12 is a performance improvement over DX11. I just hope some improvement is made by MS or Nvidia as to what happens when you eventually do exhaust your VRAM. I cannot see a CTD being acceptable on corporate computer systems using DX12. This is as ridiculous as our sims crashing when your FPS gets too low. I suppose the burden is on Microsoft. Nvidia's answer I suppose is "Buy a new video card with lots of expensive DDR6 VRAM. :biggrin: Anyway, I'll get off this as I don't want to derail the HF2 topic on VRAM anymore.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

the burden is on the developer. Not NVIDIA or MS.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Seems that the real burden is on some forums, huh!
🥴

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

The option to "retry" seems to work now with HF2. It sets all graphics settings back to default. 

Hans

If I decide to uninstall P3D5 and do a totally fresh install, what happens to my add on scenery, aircraft etc? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall those? Some of those are installed in the main P3D folder.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

If I decide to uninstall P3D5 and do a totally fresh install, what happens to my add on scenery, aircraft etc? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall those? Some of those are installed in the main P3D folder.

Thanks

If you install at the same place where you had it originally, it will be all good to go...not sure about ORBX though.....I did that with HF1 and it worked. hope it same thing. I am doing it as we speak....

BTW TOGA update is ready for you who own their products......

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

If you install at the same place where you had it originally, it will be all good to go...not sure about ORBX though.....I did that with HF1 and it worked. hope it same thing. I am doing it as we speak....

BTW TOGA update is ready for you who own their products......

Ok great.

So if I just uninstall the whole of P3D and reinstall, all my add ons should be there?

To all VR users of P3Dv5 - major performance and smoothness improvements for single-pass, single display. I have not seen a graphics crash (as long as I start WMR and SteamVR first ). Get HF2 NOW. I just uninstalled / installed the Client so far. Please report here or start a new thread please.

• Like 2

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

That's the plan....and worked for many as I remember.....

Chase Plane updated as well.....BTW

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic