Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

Geez guys it’s called sarcasm. Take it easy.

I read it and went straight to PMDG to check.  Pointless and not funny at all post.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

15 minutes ago, kurtb said:

silver linings on trees not fixed

There werent any Truesky updates in HF2, That is coming from whats been posted in 5.1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

why did the beta tester that posted describe it as a completly different looking sim? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Getting a message to say Not enough VRAM available is OK, or stopping with Out of VRAM messages is less OK and not particularly graceful but to crash unexpectedly is a fault even if that fault is simply not having provided a message or log entry.

They should do like some ahem "games" do, when ever you adjust a slider it should show in the menu exactly how much VRam it will cost you.

• Like 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

3 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

why did the beta tester that posted describe it as a completly different looking sim? 

He said 'it feels like a total new sim' not a completely different LOOKING sim.

nothing but problems for me.  And this comes from a guy who had no problems with hotfix 1 other than some gsx ctd's when requesting pushback.  I was able to fix that by reinstalling gsx.  However now I'm getting a CTD on the majority of scenario starts.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

To expand when I go to event viewer and under windows logs/application it says Fault Bucket type 0.  Event NameLiveKernelEvent.  And driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 

Edited by micstatic
fix

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

18 minutes ago, whitav8 said:

To all VR users of P3Dv5 - major performance and smoothness improvements for single-pass, single display. I have not seen a graphics crash (as long as I start WMR and SteamVR first ). Get HF2 NOW. I just uninstalled / installed the Client so far. Please report here or start a new thread please.

Music to my ears. Can't wait. Oculus Rift S user

33 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

Ok great.

So if I just uninstall the whole of P3D and reinstall, all my add ons should be there?

Yup....as I said... all works, all add-ons where they belong as long as you install at the same place. Ran ORBX verify files and in the air already....not sure about that faster loading time but sim seems much smoother for now....not sure about FPS but they are doubled at this time...whatever happened and whatever they changed....

Cheers everyone..!!!!

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Hi All,

my P3Dv5 HF2 loading times have significantly improved, with IVAO MTL loading time 8 minutes I’m now at 1,5 minute initial loading.

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

so nobody else with MASSIVE ctd issues?

That weird feeling when you actually NOTICE two performance improvements in two updates in a row. Never had this previously if i remember correctly. Wow.

Now get that TrueSky working correctly for TrueAwesomeness(tm).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

For those wondering how to install HF2, I did the following (as per Nick from Orbx's instructions for HF1:

1. using the Windows control panel, uninstall the P3D client and when asked if you want to deregister P3D v5, answer No.

2. Then uninstall the content and then the scenery and finally the top P3D v5 entry in the Windows control panel.

3. Delete your Prepar3d config file: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg file

4. Delete your shaders: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders.

5. Run your newly downloaded and unzipped Setup_Prepar3D.exe as an administrator.

This will take about 20-30 minutes, but most of the time you can be doing something else. If you're worried - it's really not very scary at all! I personally did not back up any files during this process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My findings so far:

• Addons such as FSUIPC working fine.
  • Performance seems great: F-32 at default location at settings, on the ramp frames peaking just above 200 FPS, in flight I'm getting peak frames of over 400 FPS!
  • Overall, very happy with HF2 after about an hour of test-flight time.

Recommendation:

• It's a keeper!

• Like 5

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."