Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

2020-6-23-19-24-40-429.jpg

its all so tiresome. how many people mentioned this on the forumn ?

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, benwbriscoe said:

What if (like the word not allowed I am!), I click Yes to deregistering...?!

No problem, you just need to reauthorise with your licence details when installing. It just adds an extra 1 minute step, no great drama. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

32 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Did the same...but I thought both files got deleted and new ones get installed....

Your created files will not be deleted. 

If you want to get rid of them for a more clean install, you run the provided batch file: P3D\Delete Generated Files.

I did not do this, as I don't want to lose controller files etc

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Best to leave NVidia 3D settings alone in Prepar3d v5.

Also, whilst there may be a tiny, theoretical risk of malware problems with using "install as administrator" with the P3D installer, this has been standard practice for years with FSX and P3D, and I would definitely still recommend that people install this way. In fact, I've never heard an argument against doing this and it's been SOP since FSX at least.

Just to correct this a bit: if you did not touch your UAC, then you will receive an elevated prompt when installing P3D/FSX, which absolutely same as if you did not do it, and confirmed the elevated prompt. The problem arises when people start lowering the UAC, which is a complete nonsense.

Bummer, I'm still getting the same major issue I was dealing with before. 

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

also for the fstramp users, the full scren issue has not been fixed.

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

For those wondering how to install HF2, I did the following (as per Nick from Orbx's instructions for HF1:

1. using the Windows control panel, uninstall the P3D client and when asked if you want to deregister P3D v5, answer No.

2. Then uninstall the content and then the scenery and finally the top P3D v5 entry in the Windows control panel.

3. Delete your Prepar3d config file: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg file

4. Delete your shaders: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders.

5. Run your newly downloaded and unzipped Setup_Prepar3D.exe as an administrator.

This will take about 20-30 minutes, but most of the time you can be doing something else. If you're worried - it's really not very scary at all! I personally did not back up any files during this process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My findings so far:

• Addons such as FSUIPC working fine.
  • Performance seems great: F-32 at default location at settings, on the ramp frames peaking just above 200 FPS, in flight I'm getting peak frames of over 400 FPS!
  • Overall, very happy with HF2 after about an hour of test-flight time.

Recommendation:

• It's a keeper!

What are you referring to when you say:  "finally the top P3D v5 entry in the Windows control panel".   What are you referring to there?

Stan

9 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

also for the fstramp users, the full scren issue has not been fixed.

Can you give me details on this one? Send me a PM with a video so I can pass it on directly to LM devs.

S.

11 minutes ago, spilok said:

Stan, there are 4 entries in your "Add or remove programs" list for P3D:

1. Prepar3d v5 academic

2. Academic client

3. Content

4.Scenery

I'm referring to item 1. So best practice is to uninstall 2,3,4 then 1.

• Like 2

Oz

3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Stan, there are 4 entries in your "Add or remove programs" list for P3D:

1. Prepar3d v5 academic

2. Academic client

3. Content

4.Scenery

I don't have academic.  I have Professional.  Are you saying to completely remove Professional?  Wouldn't that be a total uninstall and make me have to install all my addon sceneries and planes?

I did a Client, Content, and Scenery uninstall and reinstall.  I deleted my shaders, and renamed my CFG so that a new one was generated.

3 hours ago, joepoway said:

I think Pete is actually pointing out that he isn’t managing FSUIPC anymore it’s his son John and he wishes people would get that.

Joe

Joe, since you quoted my post: For you to know I got that before Pete posted in this thread, we've known each other's names online since circa 2006 or so. So that was not a news about John for me but I knew Pete followed this forum and would comment here earlier. However in my original post I misspelled Pete's last name and had to apologize. Do you get that altogether with my quote now, Joe? 

Edited by Dirk98

10 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Or save a lot of faffing, just uninstall 1. The rest follow meekly

install the complete shebang. Fire up P3Dv5. and you'll find all your stuff still there. P3D only uninstalls that which is P3D's

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can you give me details on this one? Send me a PM with a video so I can pass it on directly to LM devs.

S.

The developer I believe already has so. 

I'll send you a video simbol. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

19 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Or save a lot of faffing, just uninstall 1. The rest follow meekly

install the complete shebang. Fire up P3Dv5. and you'll find all your stuff still there. P3D only uninstalls that which is P3D's

Yeah, that's my standard approach too, Ron, and what I've always done before.

Nick from Orbx said to do it the way I posted here, though, so for Hotfix 2 I thought I'd do it the way I described, just in case Orbx knows something I don't! 🙂

• Upvote 1

Oz