Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

9 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Since on the P3D website it says that only the Client is needed for the majority of fixes I think I am going to do ahead and just uninstall the Client, Content, and Scenery (like I did when going from P3D v4.4 to v4.5) and not do a full uninstall/reinstall. If I have problems after that (I don't think I will) then I will do a full uninstall/reinstall.

Thats what I did its working great. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

2 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Well on the P3D website they do mention fixes and improvements to the Scenery and Content stuff too.

If those are important to you... yes, you can do those (now or later..)

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The GTN will not steer the autopilot without you updating it.. it will just head North..

Aha! I found a solution to that: I don’t use the autopilot 😂

Seriously, though, I’ve never used it in any of the aircraft I have. My real one doesn’t have one either and I don’t want to get too lazy. I like a well-trimmed airplane anyhow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why not just do the Client?  That is what I did.

😉

I did all three. No problems at all. I tend to think that the people having problems are the ones with a ton of “tweaked” and massaged v4 sceneries and aircraft. I have nothing but products with official v5 installers and I haven’t had a single issue in quite a long while. 

Edited by mtr75
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, spilok said:

This usually happens when I'm around 60 or 70 miles away from my destination (example KPHL - KBUF).

This is common when arriving in Buffalo. It can almost seem like time is moving backwards. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself)

33 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

I'm getting CTD worse than HF1 and performance has tanked. lol...oh boy. I'm really starting to think P3D peaked at v4.5

If you're still running that 8 year old cpu, then, yes, it probably did.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 minutes ago, Mace said:

If you're still running that 8 year old cpu, then, yes, it probably did.

Sure...if you really think that's what it is. Not the fact that v5 is nowhere near ready for prime time. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

13 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Anyone notice that rain still goes inside the cockpit of F-35, do you know why?

Did you close the canopy?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Anyone notice that rain still goes inside the cockpit of F-35, do you know why?

Curious does it go away with "windshield effects" unchecked?

1 hour ago, Joseph29 said:

Since on the P3D website it says that only the Client is needed for the majority of fixes I think I am going to do ahead and just uninstall the Client, Content, and Scenery (like I did when going from P3D v4.4 to v4.5) and not do a full uninstall/reinstall. If I have problems after that (I don't think I will) then I will do a full uninstall/reinstall.

What is the difference between uninstalling the Client, Content and Scenery; and a full uninstall?  Or by a full uninstall do you mean also uninstalling third party addons, etc?

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I'm getting CTD worse than HF1 and performance has tanked. lol...oh boy. I'm really starting to think P3D peaked at v4.5

I uninstalled V5  three days into the first release.

Just reinstalled today, and got the hung device warning. All stock settings.

I'll give this a few more days and see what happens.

After which I will return to 4.5 and be on my merry way :biggrin:

Cheers,

Mark

Is anyone else noticing that with HF2 and EA enabled, some scenery objects are now impervious to atmospheric effects/visibility? This was one thing I LOVED about EA, that there was no more tree/object popping through low visibility.  However now after a complete HF1 uninstall/HF2 reinstall I am seeing this at all my third party airports, whereas just yesterday I flew to all three of these airports (EDDH, EDDN, LSZH) in HF1 and did not see anything like it... Anyone else seeing this?

oRUcshb.jpg

tHMRoT4.jpg

jS4Cbzl.jpg

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

5 hours ago, tymk said:

You must enable cloud reflections when using EA, otherwise you'll get black water in cloudy conditions. I've always disabled them in previous versions as they looked terrible, so this caught me out when I first tried v5 with TrueSky .

“Must” is not true, tymk. I did all my flying in HF1 with EA on and cloud reflections off, as they didn’t work well in VR. Never saw any black water, not even once. I’d delete your shader folder if you’re seeing that.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."