Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

Just now, cwburnett said:

Is anyone else noticing that with HF2 and EA enabled, some scenery objects are now impervious to atmospheric effects/visibility? This was one thing I LOVED about EA, that there was no more tree/object popping through low visibility.  However now after a complete HF1 uninstall/HF2 reinstall I am seeing this at all my third party airports, whereas just yesterday I flew to all three of these airports (EDDH, EDDN, LSZH) in HF1 and did not see anything like it... Anyone else seeing this?

oRUcshb.jpg

tHMRoT4.jpg

jS4Cbzl.jpg

Yes I noticed this happening at the new ORBX KBUR, HF2 installed as well.

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

2 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Is anyone else noticing that with HF2 and EA enabled, some scenery objects are now impervious to atmospheric effects/visibility? This was one thing I LOVED about EA, that there was no more tree/object popping through low visibility.  However now after a complete HF1 uninstall/HF2 reinstall I am seeing this at all my third party airports, whereas just yesterday I flew to all three of these airports (EDDH, EDDN, LSZH) in HF1 and did not see anything like it... Anyone else seeing this?

oRUcshb.jpg

tHMRoT4.jpg

jS4Cbzl.jpg

Also a notable problem with EA prior to HF2. I didn’t notice it all the time, just in certain hazy weather conditions. Perhaps non-v5/non-pbr onjects?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Yes, unfortunately, I can confirm this observation. Have the same problem with objects from Orbx Germany North... 

8 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Yes, unfortunately, I can confirm this observation. Have the same problem with objects from Orbx Germany North... 

I have the same problem with Flytampa KTPA.

This is new with V5 HF2.

Bert

4 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I did all three. No problems at all. I tend to think that the people having problems are the ones with a ton of “tweaked” and massaged v4 sceneries and aircraft. I have nothing but products with official v5 installers and I haven’t had a single issue in quite a long while. 

👍

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Did you close the canopy?

That's funny, but yes, it is closed.

Overall pleased with HF2 especially the fix regarding silver lining around trees and aircraft with EA on.... BUT, there is still rain in VC.... come one LM, this is one of the top visual issues that should have been fixed...imho

too much, too soon....

4 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I'm getting CTD worse than HF1 and performance has tanked. lol...oh boy. I'm really starting to think P3D peaked at v4.5

Does it help to turn EA off?

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

59 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Same problem here, ORBX KSAN

I'll break this into two posts, so first, I realized I had a good screenshot of an approach into LSGG with HF1, so I pulled up my simbrief and setup the same flight LSZH-LSGG from June 10 with the same weather (used historic mode) to see if the scenery popping was really new in HF2 as I originally suggested. TLDR; this is confirmed for me at least. You will have to actually open both images at full size, but in the second shot, you can see a variety of objects standing out, whereas this isn't the case in the first shot.

HF1 Screenshot:

T5CtXPn.jpg

HF2 Screenshot:

A1j7jMo.jpg

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

So, while doing this test, I encountered a totally new anomaly, and hopefully it is just a one-off. It did make me laugh, though.

As I was descending into LSGG, suddenly everything went black and it started to rain in the cockpit. I checked spot view to be sure the graphics engine hadn't crashed. Nope. As you can see in this shot, the cockpit windows just went black.  Had to perform a CatIII autoland. It is definitely "funny, not funny" but it did make me laugh...

u964Krh.jpg

Safely on the ground...

wPN4Qbc.jpg

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

13 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, there is one MAJOR counter argument to this:

Whenever you run a program as admin, every single file/registry/folder it creates are with as-admin rights (to make it simple). Running a program as normal user which is reading a registry key set as-admin during installation might fail accessing it.

Furthermore, when running as-admin Windows interposes a shim between the program and some key registry/file locations (it redirects to another path) so that subsequently running as normal user will fail to access these too.

Windows Vista and as-admin/UAC has been released 10 years ago, programming best-practices to deal with UAC are well documented. You might want to reconsider any product requiring/imposing you run anything as-admin unless it is an admin tool (or there is a specific and documented need to bypass UAC).

Glad we agree!

Edited by SteveW
mixup with auto-quotes
  • Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Point 5 does not say right click run as admin, It simply says:

"Run your newly downloaded and unzipped Setup_Prepar3D.exe as an administrator."

If I run Setup_Prepar3D.exe by double clicking or right click and run, it pops up a message that says, run as admin. If I say no the program ends and it's not installed. If I say yes the program acquires admin privileges and installs.

Point 5 is unnecessary because we can only install as P3D wants!

Edited by SteveW
mixup with auto-quotes
  • Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

How to clear NVIDIA Profiles?

I have the same question

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

oRUcshb.jpg

tHMRoT4.jpg

jS4Cbzl.jpg

Me too seeing this on some airports. Also KLAX...

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png