Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

Yes I just posted the same issue in the display thread that Bert raised, so its not just you m8

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Clear Nvidia profiles. Right click on desktop, choose Nvidia Control Panel (NCP), go to Manage 3D settings. On the global settings tab choose Restore, then choose Apply. Do the same in Program settings for Prepar3D.exe. If Restore is not available, choose an arbitrary setting, apply it, then Restore/Apply.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

With regard to CPU bandwidth:

I'm seeing better handling of core affinity on Hyperthreading.

I'm seeing a 20% improvement to overall performance.

• Like 2

I'm seeing 20% quicker loading times.

Overall it is an impressive update.

1 hour ago, Seat* said:

I have the same question

/Thomas

There is an option in the Nvidia Control Panel when viewing the profile for P3D to restore defaults. Just click that and then click apply. You can also do the same for the Global profile.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

deleted

Edited by SteveW

&, of course, v5.1 is being worked on,

very happy so far with v5+ - & simply using Active Sky (no EA yet) - totally in Rift S VR - & enjoying all the Orbx LC regions + lots of extra add on airports with AI traffic...

naturally, have full parallel install of v4.5.

& the practical reality is that many of us are juggling P3D, XP, DCS, (even an Alpha) + other sims - all at the same time.

the trick is - to work within their constraints - & occasionally push the boundaries!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveW said:

go back and check it out - take care who you quote.

I just did and corrected the attribution. There is a 'bug' with the forum system which is attributing the quote to the poster of the  message containing the quote, not to the poster of the quoted text itself!

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for sorting it out. I apologise if I have misquoted anyone myself!

@SteveW no problem with me whether we agree or not, and in this case we do agree!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

With regard to CPU bandwidth:

I'm seeing better handling of core affinity on Hyperthreading.

I'm seeing a 20% improvement to overall performance.

My VRAM use dropped from 4.1 to 3.7. No real noticeable effect in performance, which was just fine to begin with. 

The smooth flight of the TE GB ended with this update. I was not happy for long. The terrible stuttering returned.

Over london 

1g6j43.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I was using the stock simulator for testing performance earlier and saw around 20% gains. Adding intense scenery or other effects may well bring things down to a similar level or performance in either version, because something might be at a flat line already before and after the hotfix.

12 hours ago, mtr75 said:

@ Bert Piek:

Aha! I found a solution to that: I don’t use the autopilot 😂

Seriously, though, I’ve never used it in any of the aircraft I have. My real one doesn’t have one either and I don’t want to get too lazy. I like a well-trimmed airplane anyhow. 

@ Bert -  You seem to have the GTN working (F1 or RXP??) I get an error message when trying to use F1 GTN Complete - 'GTN error - incorrect version of simulator'. I have updated GTN and installed successfuly. Any ideas?

anyone know  - is GTN Complete compatible with HF2? Mine's not working. Otherwise HF2 seems to be working fine. Complete reinstall.

Ray

So... I did a complete reinstall of P3DHF2. Deleted generated content. I manually removed anything left over in AppData, Program Data, and my Docs. I left my P3Dv5 Add-ons folder in my documents.

1st attempt to launch.  P3D asks if I want to enable add-ons. I answer yes to each one. Try to load default scenario. Instant device hung message. I hadn't seen these in a while. Tried to launch 2 more times. Same result. 

So I backtracked. Ran the remove generated content program, moved my P3Dv5 Add-ons folder so P3D wouldn't see it and tried again. Success! I went through all of the options menus and got things set up. Exited P3D, put my Add-ons folder back and relaunched P3D. Answered yes to each one and again, success! Exited P3D. Ran Orbx Central. Did the sync simulator thing as well as "verify files" on all of my installed products. Relaunch P3D. Success again!

All of my airports look good. I took the R22 down the Vegas Strip at night and it was beautiful and smooth. All of the effects look great. The Bellagio fountains look beautiful again. All elevations appear correct. I noticed that I was seeing the photoreal textures underlying the area around the airport as I should, which were a problem for me under HF1 (sometimes there, sometimes not).

I also restored the default Nvidia settings as mentioned earlier in this thread and it seems as though P3D works very well with the default settings.

Last but not least. Loading times seem dramatically improved. Everywhere. Even applying a time preview setting is faster. I'm happy.

Next up: AIG, Activesky, and hopefully the NGXu...

Things are looking up!

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440