Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

9 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

So... I did a complete reinstall of P3DHF2. Deleted generated content. I manually removed anything left over in AppData, Program Data, and my Docs. I left my P3Dv5 Add-ons folder in my documents.

1st attempt to launch.  P3D asks if I want to enable add-ons. I answer yes to each one. Try to load default scenario. Instant device hung message. I hadn't seen these in a while. Tried to launch 2 more times. Same result. 

So I backtracked. Ran the remove generated content program, moved my P3Dv5 Add-ons folder so P3D wouldn't see it and tried again. Success! I went through all of the options menus and got things set up. Exited P3D, put my Add-ons folder back and relaunched P3D. Answered yes to each one and again, success! Exited P3D. Ran Orbx Central. Did the sync simulator thing as well as "verify files" on all of my installed products. Relaunch P3D. Success again!

All of my airports look good. I took the R22 down the Vegas Strip at night and it was beautiful and smooth. All of the effects look great. The Bellagio fountains look beautiful again. All elevations appear correct. I noticed that I was seeing the photoreal textures underlying the area around the airport as I should, which were a problem for me under HF1 (sometimes there, sometimes not).

I also restored the default Nvidia settings as mentioned earlier in this thread and it seems as though P3D works very well with the default settings.

Last but not least. Loading times seem dramatically improved. Everywhere. Even applying a time preview setting is faster. I'm happy.

Next up: AIG, Activesky, and hopefully the NGXu...

Things are looking up!

If we have P3dv5 Addons folder elsewhere do we need to move them as well ? (i have them spread over 2 harddrives)

Also AIG isnt it just added to the addon folder ? or is it a complete reinstall ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Notice:  A working version 2.20 of GTN has been downloaded to the Flight1 Purchase Agent. It appears to work in HF2.

Dave

• Like 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I tested yesterday for several HRS....learning to fly Mooney, LOL...and it is really much smoother for me and performance is really better, smoother.

But, what actually happened with "new" enhanced Airports LM was advertising with introduction of V5? I think I read that somewhere and AVSIM even had a discussion. I flew yesterday to several Airports and they are looking terrible. Most noticeably LOWI...(I BTW never flew there before since I am Heavy metal driver)....but it looks like a Barn at the best.....Also, while Adriatic coast looks beautiful I landed @ Split Airport LDSP and not better either...I checked several high pollutant destination as well and I am disjointedness really with look....I think FSX or 4.5 had a better looking airports. 

Alex 

41 minutes ago, Eclex said:

Notice:  A working version 2.20 of GTN has been downloaded to the Flight1 Purchase Agent. It appears to work in HF2.

Dave

Thanks Dave!
Works like a charm.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

6 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I tested yesterday for several HRS....learning to fly Mooney, LOL...and it is really much smoother for me and performance is really better, smoother.

But, what actually happened with "new" enhanced Airports LM was advertising with introduction of V5? I think I read that somewhere and AVSIM even had a discussion. I flew yesterday to several Airports and they are looking terrible. Most noticeably LOWI...(I BTW never flew there before since I am Heavy metal driver)....but it looks like a Barn at the best.....Also, while Adriatic coast looks beautiful I landed @ Split Airport LDSP and not better either...I checked several high pollutant destination as well and I am disjointedness really with look....I think FSX or 4.5 had a better looking airports. 

i guess you mean default airports.

after a smooth reinstall from scratch , we had a smooth hide out of LHR and enjoying some nice clouds on our way to Vancouver.   Although im glad of a 1080ti as the vram went to 7.1gb  taxing out in LHR, ive never seen it that high before.

my only beef so far is the misplaced vector data over northern canada 😞 

2020-6-24-16-55-54-571.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

If we have P3dv5 Addons folder elsewhere do we need to move them as well ? (i have them spread over 2 harddrives)

Also AIG isnt it just added to the addon folder ? or is it a complete reinstall ?

Michael Moe

I would imagine so. If you have more than 1 Add-on folder, I'd temporarily rename them all until after you get the sim running default scenery first. 

Looking back, my mistake was letting P3D enable all of my add-ons before I had let it start up once using just the default scenery. I knew better, but figured I'd let it try just to see what happened.

Yes, AIG also goes in an addon folder. I had never installed it in any of my prior v5 installations. Now, I'll do it for the 1st time.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I would imagine so. If you have more than 1 Add-on folder, I'd temporarily rename them all until after you get the sim running default scenery first. 

Looking back, my mistake was letting P3D enable all of my add-ons before I had let it start up once using just the default scenery. I knew better, but figured I'd let it try just to see what happened.

Thanks for sharing your absolute kamikazee experience , this is from one simmer to another . Great.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Btw ,Does the MaddogX,QW787,PMDG747 (is installed atm) works ?

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Can someone please help me, I have an issue with my sode jetways not appearing on hf2. Everything was working fine in hf1 but now my sode jetways aren’t here anymore. If I go into the airport editor on gsx I’m able to manually add the jetway and I can see it (although its in the wrong spot and looks kinda messed up). If anyone can give me any advice at all I’d appreciate it

so far I’ve tried

-reinstalling my sim connect.msi

-reinstalling sode

Edit: just found the really simple super easy fix after hours and hours. I had to run the third party scenery installer as admin and it fixed it lol

Edited by Ty_Crisos
Found fix

17 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I did all three. No problems at all. I tend to think that the people having problems are the ones with a ton of “tweaked” and massaged v4 sceneries and aircraft. I have nothing but products with official v5 installers and I haven’t had a single issue in quite a long while. 

I agree.  Past versions of P3D have been very backwards compatible WRT scenery, but I think v5 is not so tolerant.  As LM said, it is really the starting point of a whole new sim.  I was having a lot of "device hung" errors in my home airfield region where I had ported over some V3 scenery.  It loads, looks good, I get great performance but the ride ends after 15-20 min.   I've had no problems when flying over official v5 scenery areas.   My advice, wait till the scenery and AC you want are official v5 releases, otherwise expect a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks for sharing your absolute kamikazee experience , this is from one simmer to another . Great.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Btw ,Does the MaddogX,QW787,PMDG747 (is installed atm) works ?

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12339-fly-the-maddog-x-64bit-edition-16b605-open-beta-incremental-update-released-p3d-v44-v45-v5/

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I see improvements after applying this hoftix and no more CTD's. I can now give alpha testing a break and go back to P3D.

38 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

This is just sad. When will this sim get good?

vl5x6KO.png

Is that an addon airport down there?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Really enjoying my HF2 VR flights so far. Solid as a rock, no hint of CTDs so far with a good few hours of flight time. You need a stable system, good hardware, care with sliders and - most importantly - very judicious use of addons. If it's crashing, disable every addon plsu EA (which is beta), and work up from there. I find that Simstarter is great for allowing an easy "bare bones" boot, well worth trying if you haven't.

One of the biggest improvements: interaction of clouds/fog layers with mountainous terrain when using EA (which you absolutely should do if your machine can handle it). In HF1, very jagged edges were apparent, which ruined the effects somewhat. Now looking great over the mountains on a flight out of LEAS:

LqEDXSg.jpg

le5gwtf.jpg

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

32 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Is that an addon airport down there?

Beat me to it.   

Location? 

14ppkc-6.png