Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

29 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

I am slowly installing addons and testing them methodically; so far, the only CTD I have experienced with HF2 is when I tried the Realair Turbine Duke (which of course is not - and almost certainly never will be - updated for use with v5). Sadly, I may have to retire that wonderful bird, which is a shame as there is really no other turboprop replacement currently officially compatible with v5.

I would say.. park the TDuke for now.. but I seriously doubt that it cannot be made to work in V5.. have faith!  The Carenado C90GTX, TBM 850,  and PC12 may or may not be "officially compatible" but they seem to work just fine 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, PurdueKev said:

I am slowly installing addons and testing them methodically; so far, the only CTD I have experienced with HF2 is when I tried the Realair Turbine Duke (which of course is not - and almost certainly never will be - updated for use with v5). Sadly, I may have to retire that wonderful bird, which is a shame as there is really no other turboprop replacement currently officially compatible with v5.

You can't just install it you need to use an xml method. I copied the same Duke and Legacy folders I used in my P3Dv4.5 Addons folder and both work fine in P3Dv5 H2 and even the GTN 750 still works!

Joe

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

What's the problem with the Turbine Duke. I just flew a few circuits around home airport. Works fine, just the old touchy wheel brakes - but that's always been my one complaint of all RA birds.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

You can't just install it you need to use an xml method. I copied the same Duke and Legacy folders I used in my P3Dv4.5 Addons folder and both work fine in P3Dv5 H2 and even the GTN 750 still works!

Joe

That is the method I used.

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

What's the problem with the Turbine Duke. I just flew a few circuits around home airport. Works fine, just the old touchy wheel brakes - but that's always been my one complaint of all RA birds.

At least for me, the Turbine Duke is one of the aircraft with which I saw a fair number of repeatable "display driver hang" crashes with the initial release version of P3D and with HF1.  I have been pretty methodical with HF2 to introduce addons slowly so I can isolate any "problem" addons, and so when I experienced the same type of crash I repeated the same flight with other aircraft and completed those flights without issue. Granted, I did not test thoroughly to isolate that the Duke was indeed the culprit, and it is certainly possible it isn't the source of the problem; I just don't really want to spend the effort to do controlled de-bugging when the aircraft isn't technically updated for v5. Believe me I hated uninstalling it, because the Turbine Duke is my favorite and most used aircraft in P3D.  I still have my copy of v4.5 installed and the Duke lives on in there - if I have time I may bring it back in to test further.

If you are having success with the Duke in v5 that is great! I just haven't had the same success with it on my system yet.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I just installed lastest HF2 (clean install) on my Dev PC -- 7900X with Titan X (pascal) -- and Win10 build 19041 with latest nVidia 451.48 drivers and I'm very impressed with performance in terms of far fewer long frames and a narrow FPS range with higher min FPS.  Looking forward to finishing setting up my main FS PC to see how it does ... the 19041 + 451.48 combo seems very good!

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I've got 451.48 as well - Are there any settings within that driver set that might improve performance in V5HF2 that you know about? I saw some discussion on Hardware Scheduling I think it was.....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I just installed lastest HF2 (clean install) on my Dev PC -- 7900X with Titan X (pascal) -- and Win10 build 19041 with latest nVidia 451.48 drivers and I'm very impressed with performance in terms of far fewer long frames and a narrow FPS range with higher min FPS.  Looking forward to finishing setting up my main FS PC to see how it does ... the 19041 + 451.48 combo seems very good!

Cheers, Rob.

Is 19041 part of the new 2004 release, or are you still on the previous one? I wanted to update to 2004 but Windows won't let me even when I signed up for the Insider program - Windows Update runs a compatibility check and then says "nope." I guess I still have something in my system triggering the "compatibility hold."

I do agree that HF2 is noticeably smoother (and faster), even with slightly older drivers. In dense locales, I don't see many long frames either.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Sorry, haven't really had much time to test, I've just recently moved house and have my Dev PC up and running but not my main FS PC yet.  I usually don't modify NCP settings,

I typically do not either, BUT I'm wondering if the old FS stalwart of "Prefer Maximum Performance" should still be set.  I haven't yet done that with these 451.48's

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

14 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

I agree Rob the combination of the 3 (P3Dv5 H2, 351.48 drivers and Win 10 v2004) has yielded results the likes I have never seen in P3D!

Joe

• Upvote 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 6/23/2020 at 11:23 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

can any of you fly the (default) helicopters? On my computer, the flight is choppy (especially vertically), I can't go higher than 1000ft and I can't get them to land properly/at all.

Clean install, no addons.

Best regards

Lorby / O.  -- I finally found a few minutes to fly the default Robinson around.  I had no problem with its flight.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 6/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Related to TrueSKY (EA) ... to make rain not show inside the VC when using TrueSKY/EA you need to uncheck all reflections.

LM are aiming to address all (many) of the TrueSKY/EA issues in V5.1.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob. It works !

too much, too soon....

Do those of you with Win10 build 19041 with latest nVidia 451.48 drivers have the Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling enabled? I have seen a few reports that some have felt the need to disable it. I am seeing a few complete system hangs only with VR usage (not a CTD or BSOD or DXGI - just freeze ). I do have some overclocking in both CPU (9700K) and GPU (RTX2070) ( been that way for months ) but I only see these occasional hangs with Prepar3D - they seem a little more common recently - once in a while over many days before. Otherwise, I am very pleased with P3Dv5HF2 in VR - much smoother - I can do an F-35 airshow over downtown DD Seattle and look out sideways and see minimal stutter.

Edited by whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

13 minutes ago, whitav8 said:

I do have some overclocking in both CPU (9700K) and GPU (RTX2070) ( been that way for months ) but I only see these occasional hangs with Prepar3D

At first i would reduce the OC of the GPU for 5% and try again.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

@Joe,

It only happens with P3D and the newest Nvidia drivers - so I am not looking for a hardware solution - just possible confirmation that having Nvidia HAGS enabled might be an issue with others. Thanks for your response though.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

DEVICE_HUNGS are mainly caused by unstable hardware, mostly induced by overclocking (may also be overheated). The only solution could be altering the TDR setting in the registry but that may only cover the problem.

I see overclocking GPU as a bad habit, even factory OC some manufacturer are doing can hurt system stability badly. You gain maybe a VERY few fps but are loosing stabilty and degrade your GPU as well. 

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Overclocking to get one or two fps improvement with a set of fussy sounding fans is not an option for me. I just don't bother with OC and enjoy a relaxed PC. Say you might get 30fps with 4.5GHz CPU and go up to 5GHz might gain 3fps (5 / 4.5 x 30 = 33.3) if lucky. OC with GPUs the same. Better to reduce a setting or two. 

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com