Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

I agree Joe.  The upside on graphics OC has never covered the cost/risk for me

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Finally had a chance to fly with HF2...first impressions are good.  Stable, great performance and the loading times have improved drastically!  With both AIG and MAIW installed my time from program launch to the scenario screen is probably 2 minutes?  I can't remember ever seeing such good loading times in any version of FSX or P3D.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I can't remember ever seeing such good loading times in any version of FSX or P3D.

Yeah, it makes me wonder what error checking was eliminated by LM? Actually it's more likely that the initial release of P3d5 had either some new error checking or file/SimObject indexing added to the startup sequence and LM just decided to eliminate it in HF2. One thing that P3d always did on startup is that if it found an aircraft, it then looked to find the gauge files that were included in the panel. It not only looked for uncompressed files, but it also looked for CAB compressed files. I have a feeling that this step was eliminated. If a gauge file is found, now the CAB file search is skipped. There might have also been a lot of extraneous error checking of all SimObjects at the same level of detail as the checking that is done with user aircraft. I guess we'll never know.

For me even if I disregard the initial release of v5 and focus on v4, I was experiencing 10 minute loading times with all of my AI loaded up.  I assume with hf2 it’s using some sort of cache system to avoid unnecessary checking?  That’s a total uneducated guess though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I experienced 12 min loading times with all ORBX (yes, the complete collection) installed as add-on.xml (independent on how many sceneries I deactivated). This reduced to mere 3 min after re-installing all ORBX to scenery.cfg. (I had a backup, so nearly no download involved.)

On the other hand, I have ~50 more sceneries (FB, FSDT...) installed as add-on-xml which don't seem to hurt. That's all under HF2.

There seems to be something broken, either on my system or in general. Anyway, I doubt I am in the mood to migrate ORBX to a library anytime soon again

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

32 minutes ago, pmb said:

I experienced 12 min loading times with all ORBX (yes, the complete collection) installed as add-on.xml (independent on how many sceneries I deactivated). This reduced to mere 3 min after re-installing all ORBX to scenery.cfg. (I had a backup, so nearly no download involved.)

On the other hand, I have ~50 more sceneries (FB, FSDT...) installed as add-on-xml which don't seem to hurt. That's all under HF2.

There seems to be something broken, either on my system or in general. Anyway, I doubt I am in the mood to migrate ORBX to a library anytime soon again

Kind regards, Michael

I had this problem until HF1. Now, with HF2, it is gone.

Edited by darem
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, darem said:

I had this problem until HF1. Now, with HF2, it is gone.

That's strange but in line with what I learned from others. I ununstalled and reinstalled the complete sim (albeit not the addons left in place) and I also let it build a new prepar3d.cfg. Perhaps there was something ugly left over... somewhere.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am downloading and doing a reinstall of V5 with the latest hotfix.  My folders with the scenery for FSDT, Flightbeam, and LatinVFR are still present,  but FB and LVFR are in the root P3D folder that's leftover.  FSDT I know is good, but do I have to reinstall FB and LVFR since they were not installed outside of the root folder?

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

6 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

I am downloading and doing a reinstall of V5 with the latest hotfix.  My folders with the scenery for FSDT, Flightbeam, and LatinVFR are still present,  but FB and LVFR are in the root P3D folder that's leftover.  FSDT I know is good, but do I have to reinstall FB and LVFR since they were not installed outside of the root folder?

+1 on this question as I assume there are files installed into the root effects and scenery folders

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

14 minutes ago, Shomron said:

+1 on this question as I assume there are files installed into the root effects and scenery folders

No. If you leave the "leftovers" where they are located (Mostly the main files, the effect, scenery and texture directories) than it should be no problem at all.

You can completely uninstall P3D and reinstall it again. But do this at the same location/directories as well, to make sure that the effect, scenery and texture directories P3D installs are the same and not redundant.

Short:

- Uninstall P3D

- Install P3D again

- Install at same location as it was before

You should be good to go.

Delete the Shader folder, restore your Nvidia settings.

That should be the normal way to go and mostly that is enough!

I am practicing this for ALL updates right now. I do only a complete system reinstall if I am not sure my windows is stable. Most of the problems are within faulty or corrupt windows installation or OC GFX Cards or your CPU without being stable (incl. AVX instrction).

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks. I did the reinstall and was able to reactivate upon loading P3d so pretty easy.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram