Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

HF2 CTD issues (perfect in HF1)

Just now, mpo910 said:

NO problems.....yes I know...sorry for that strange typo!

Ok. so this confirms.

with a full HF2 install, all references to shaders, etc. are cleared and things works just fine the next time you fire P3D. A partial install of HF2 is causing HLSL logic shaders to not be recognised initially and these compile wrong or something happens and things went wrong.

You will be fine now.. it will not come back because all shaders have been compiled correctly. I launched V1.20 before HF2 in an attempt to avoid exactly this, but all my tests have been always with a full install of HF2 no just partial components.

I will send a newsletter to all my customers now so they are aware.

S.

one thing I would point out @simbol.  I had originally done a full install of hotfix 2.  I had the same problems.  Then i reverted to HF1 and tried  just the client of HF2 and was still getting problems.  It wasn't until I uninstalled AI lights then put in hf2 that I could add AI lights back

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Ok. so this confirms.

with a full HF2 install, all references to shaders, etc. are cleared and things works just fine the next time you fire P3D. A partial install of HF2 is causing HLSL logic shaders to not be recognised initially and these compile wrong or something happens and things went wrong.

You will be fine now.. it will not come back because all shaders have been compiled correctly. I launched V1.20 before HF2 in an attempt to avoid exactly this, but all my tests have been always with a full install of HF2 no just partial components.

I will send a newsletter to all my customers now so they are aware.

S.

I can not agree completely.

My Use Case was as following:

- I deleted the Shaders and HLSL folders prior installing your product on P3D V5 HF1

- Installed AIRLP 1.20

- Flew a few times

- Uninstalled P§D Client, Scenery and Content

- Deleted shaders and also made sure that the HLSL folder was deleted

- Installed P3D V5 HF2 Client Scnenery and content

-  Fkew a few time without problems yesterday

- Resumed my flight this morning based on a saved flight

- Closed P3D

- Started P3D

- Started a new flight from ESSA to GMMN with A330 Aerosoft

- Problem came up somewhere short after takeoff. First the FPS got down then DXGI Error

- Deleted the shaders and HSHL again

- repaired the P3D client

- started my flight via Autosave file again

- repeated this 3 times. Always ctd at the same point short after takeoff at essa

- than my sim would´t load a scenario anymore with always DXGI Hung error direct after 100% scenario loading. Doesn´t matter if used a saved flight or not. Also reinstalling my client did not help.

- Only solution was uninstalling AIRLP, P3D Client, Shaders and HSHL folder. Reinstalling P3D client HF2

- Firing up P3D

- Let the shaders compile

- Close P3D

- Reinstalling AIRLP

- Firing up P3D, all fine now

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

one thing I would point out @simbol.  I had originally done a full install of hotfix 2.  I had the same problems.  Then i reverted to HF1 and tried  just the client of HF2 and was still getting problems.  It wasn't until I uninstalled AI lights then put in hf2 that I could add AI lights back

You had the AILRP popup coming up saying verifying shaders etc.? I created that tool to avoid this problem in the fist place.. so I am wondering why it failed,!

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

You had the AILRP popup coming up saying verifying shaders etc.? I created that tool to avoid this problem in the fist place.. so I am wondering why it failed,!

yes.  This tool would start up everytime when it was working or not.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

yes.  This tool would start up everytime when it was working or not.  

Did it ever told you a warning about P3D not being launched as Administrator, etc?

S.

negative.  

I’ve had the device hung caused by a third party addon (Traffic Global). Took me many CTDs to find that this particular addon was responsible. 

If you ask me, this is a P3Dv5 bug that should get fixed ASAP. Addons can cause problems but I see no reasons for CTDs, as this wasn’t happening in v4. 

4 minutes ago, Karelpatch said:

I’ve had the device hung caused by a third party addon (Traffic Global). Took me many CTDs to find that this particular addon was responsible. 

If you ask me, this is a P3Dv5 bug that should get fixed ASAP. Addons can cause problems but I see no reasons for CTDs, as this wasn’t happening in v4. 

Could you explain to me how you find this out and how you resolved it? 

S.

10 minutes ago, Karelpatch said:

Disable the new Cargo BGL if you are using V5.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Could you explain to me how you find this out and how you resolved it? 

S.

So, I just tested installing Envtex and everything was working perfectly. I decided to try adding Envshade. I also installed Traffic Global at the same time. When starting any scenario I would get a device hung error.
I thought this was related to VRAM, even though I have 16gb and my GPU monitor showed almost no usage. I tried lowering and lowering settings, with no effect. Then I uninstalled Envshade and Envtex because I thought this error was caused by Envshade. But same error. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client. Same issue.

Then I uninstalled Traffic Global but the problem was still there. In the end I found out it was still present in the Addons, so I unchecked it. And voila, P3D scenario started. 
I then pushed all settings back to high and everything working fine. Still have to try reinstalling Envtex and Envshade to see how it goes. 

Is it good practice to uninstall AI-reborn before installing HF2 complete ? i am planning on the 3 client,content AND if no issues scenery as well

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

21 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Is it good practice to uninstall AI-reborn before installing HF2 complete ? i am planning on the 3 client,content AND if no issues scenery as well

Michael Moe

Hi Michel,

If you follow these steps it should be fine and it would avoid you having to re-install and re-configure AILRP, etc.:

1.-  Install AILRP V 1.20
2.-  Install HF2 (
do not launch P3D yet).
3.- Set P3D V5 to launch as administrator.
4.- Open AI Lights Reborn.
5.- Select Configuration.
6.- Select Scaling Technique P3D Default and click Apply.
7.- Launch P3D and let the initial shaders compile.
8.- Re-adjust the scaling techniques as per your previous setting.

I also send these steps to all my customer by email a couple of hours ago..

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2