Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

HF2 CTD issues (perfect in HF1)

29 minutes ago, Karelpatch said:

So, I just tested installing Envtex and everything was working perfectly. I decided to try adding Envshade. I also installed Traffic Global at the same time. When starting any scenario I would get a device hung error.
I thought this was related to VRAM, even though I have 16gb and my GPU monitor showed almost no usage. I tried lowering and lowering settings, with no effect. Then I uninstalled Envshade and Envtex because I thought this error was caused by Envshade. But same error. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client. Same issue.

Then I uninstalled Traffic Global but the problem was still there. In the end I found out it was still present in the Addons, so I unchecked it. And voila, P3D scenario started. 
I then pushed all settings back to high and everything working fine. Still have to try reinstalling Envtex and Envshade to see how it goes. 

interesting.  I have those two but will hold off installing

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

29 minutes ago, Karelpatch said:

So, I just tested installing Envtex and everything was working perfectly. I decided to try adding Envshade. I also installed Traffic Global at the same time. When starting any scenario I would get a device hung error.
I thought this was related to VRAM, even though I have 16gb and my GPU monitor showed almost no usage. I tried lowering and lowering settings, with no effect. Then I uninstalled Envshade and Envtex because I thought this error was caused by Envshade. But same error. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client. Same issue.

Then I uninstalled Traffic Global but the problem was still there. In the end I found out it was still present in the Addons, so I unchecked it. And voila, P3D scenario started. 
I then pushed all settings back to high and everything working fine. Still have to try reinstalling Envtex and Envshade to see how it goes. 

Very odd, why TG would do that to P3D? I don't get it..

S.

So P3D is a success now!?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

10 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So P3D is a success now!?

Yes, very much so for me. I can't get enough of EA, haven't seen a single ctd flying in HF1 and now in HF2 so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Very odd, why TG would do that to P3D? I don't get it..

S.

I have no idea but I am 99% certain disabling it fixed the issues. 
Before the hotfix I also had an odd issue where Envtex was making P3D crash (DGXUI error) on the scenario screen. Even after uninstalling Envtex, I had to untick the plugin box to get P3D to load.

Must be related to my AMD Radeon VII GPU, but it looks like bugs. 

Traffic global has always made my sim crash.

Not something I would choose to install in P3D v5 HF2, though it sounds like it is better now than in the past when I last tried it.

On a broader note, this thread hammers home the point that the most likely cause of CTDs is addons. If you’ve got a problem with stability, you really do need to disable everything as your first step, then take things from there.

Anything that changes the sim’s files should be near the top of your list of possible culprits.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Traffic global has always made my sim crash.

Not something I would choose to install in P3D v5 HF2, though it sounds like it is better now than in the past when I last tried it.

On a broader note, this thread hammers home the point that the most likely cause of CTDs is addons. If you’ve got a problem with stability, you really do need to disable everything as your first step, then take things from there.

Anything that changes the sim’s files should be near the top of your list of possible culprits.

With this in mind...before I install HF2, should I move my add-ons.cfg to some temporary location, then uninstall P3Dv5HF1, install P3Dv5HF2, verify good running, and only then put my add-ons.cfg back?

Would that guarantee that on first run, my P3Dv5HF2 would be totally vanilla?  (that is my goal)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

10 hours ago, Mace said:

With this in mind...before I install HF2, should I move my add-ons.cfg to some temporary location, then uninstall P3Dv5HF1, install P3Dv5HF2, verify good running, and only then put my add-ons.cfg back?

Would that guarantee that on first run, my P3Dv5HF2 would be totally vanilla?  (that is my goal)

This may be unnecessary but it can't do anything bad. Always better to start vanilla, see if it works, before adding stuff. Especially in V5.

So i want to say the asinine ctd's I was experiencing have been significantly reduced/eliminated. 

The only changes I made :

Safe mode DDU driver clean and then installation of latest Nvidia 451.48 drivers.

Update F1 GTN for H2 compatibility.

Checked 12v rail with HWMonitor and voltages stable at idle and max load in P3D. 

I will still ctd with an "unknown" module error if I load a scenario and then try to load at any other airport three times or more, however I only tested this with Orbx airports. It will load to 100%, then ctd with device hung, or no error at all. I will just stop doing that and move on. Crashes occurring when changing simobject slider settings seems to have stopped. Crossing fingers. 

Performance has been good locked at 30 with even slightly higher settings that I had before. Maybe new driver with hardware accel GPU scheduling? Maybe she's in a good mood today, maybe tomorrow she will have a fit? Who knows...

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Personally I found that using RTSS (to limit the frame rate to 30Hz) caused a CTD 100% of the time. Took me a good while to figure that out as it’s not an issue in V4.5. 

Now I need to find a new way to limit my frame rate, ideally without changing the monitor refresh rate as i can’t live with the annoying mouse lag in other applications. Curious if there are any other tools I could use? NCP didn’t seem to work btw. 

Edited by alepro21
  • Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

13 hours ago, alepro21 said:

Personally I found that using RTSS (to limit the frame rate to 30Hz) caused a CTD 100% of the time. Took me a good while to figure that out as it’s not an issue in V4.5. 

I will pass this information to LM.

Thanks

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got these on approach (downwind) into ATL in the CS 767 last night.  

https://imgur.com/a/mXZ3sKV

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I got these on approach (downwind) into ATL in the CS 767 last night.  

https://imgur.com/a/mXZ3sKV

q2d.dll is related to Scenery and Terrain..

Suggestions:

* If you haven't installed the HF2 scenery do so.
* Delete the Senery.cfg and let it rebuild.

If you use ORBX, open ORBX central. Update everything / use the "verify files".

S.

Thanks will try. I have the hf2 scenery. But will do the others 

1.  Did a DDU in safe mode and removed/reinstalled 451.48

1a. Delete prepar3d.cfg and delete shader folder

2. Deleted scenery.cfg and let it rebuild. 

3. Verified Orbx files. 

We will see how it plays out.  Hopefully a one time CTD> 

Edited by micstatic