Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

V5 HF2 display problem

This is also mentioned in the lengthy HF2 topic, but deserves its own thread..

With Beta Atmospherics enabled, something new has appeared, namely distant objects distinctly visible in the haze.

Here an example:  St Barts (Flytampa)

Notice how the town/airport sticks out when it used to be (pre HF2) hidden in the haze, like the surrounding area.

I have also included a screenshot with the Beta Atmospherics unchecked (at the top).

https://imgur.com/a/erqn1Nk

5ziuxWk.jpg

KfzjLZA.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Actually, I've had this issue intermittenly with HF1 (and I think the RC) with various objects "poking through" haze/cloud layers and appearing very clear (and dark).   I've only just put HF2 on my machine and not done anything more than a quick circuit or two.

I'm guessing it's another aspect of the Atmospherics beta that will still be with us until v5.1 (or beyond!)  - along with the weird cloud effects around aircraft in external view etc. etc.

Intel i7 7700K @5.1Ghz, 32Gb DDR4, P3D v5.3 / MSFS running on Samsung 970evo plus Nvme SSD, Nvidia RTX2080ti
Samsung 55" curved 4KHDR display, Oculus Rift CV2

I have noticed this too last night when I was approaching ORBX Edinburgh, the trees around the airfield were appearing with no haze before the actual airport.

It looked really bad in all honesty and then as you get closer all calms down but that initial visual contact with the airport is a little odd to say the least.

I will see what all the other airports are like today with further testing.

Edited by Steve_Ellis
  • Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I noticed this in HF1 with EA On.

I have noticed it to. Looks strange from long distance. Not change with trees issue to.

Mark

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

I much prefer not using EA. I use the default with basic Envshade enabled. It seems to work the best and uses less Vram and it looks pretty decent, especially with AS working. I don't add ASCA to it, I don't think it quite works correctly yet.

Lee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

On 6/24/2020 at 6:38 PM, Midnight Music said:

I much prefer not using EA. I use the default with basic Envshade enabled. It seems to work the best and uses less Vram and it looks pretty decent, especially with AS working. I don't add ASCA to it, I don't think it quite works correctly yet.

Lee

Lee, do you mind to share your observations with ASCA in p3dv5?

Thanks.

It's not that they don't work, they do, I'm just not crazy about the way they look, they seem a bit off, so I stay with the default textures. I do use ASP3D, and that works really well. It'll get better. I have a hunch I will really like what REX has to offer, but I am still waiting for dedicated V5 installers.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I also noticed this during a short flight from EGLL to EGLC, above London City. HF2 and EA enabled.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

3 hours ago, Jac_49 said:

I also noticed this during a short flight from EGLL to EGLC, above London City. HF2 and EA enabled.

What exactly did you notice?

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

What exactly did you notice?

Thanks.

Noticed how parts of (buildings sticks out in the haze, ln  the surrounding area. See  pictures above  from Bert.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

24 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

Noticed how parts of (buildings sticks out in the haze, ln  the surrounding area. See  pictures above  from Bert.

Some trees also, for me.. 😉

Bert

I'm getting this issue in both v4.5 and v5. I'm using skyforce and it is happening at a lot of airports.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, Jac_49 said:

I must be going blind, I can see nothing that looks odd.

Edit: Do you mean that slightly darker green area to the right of the island?

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

I must be going blind, I can see nothing that looks odd.

Edit: Do you mean that slightly darker green area to the right of the island?

Correct, as you fly closer, the dark trees stand out more and more..

Bert