Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

A funny from Steam :-)

Cheers3DDEB33A54CB355801CDC1BD2239CD7D47EE6B07

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

That's because they are.....😄

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Glad they didn't include FS9.  I still have it installed on an older computer and love to go back and fly California Classic retro scenery in the MAAM DC-3.

Not better, not worse, just different and has lots of stuff not available in the P3Ds.

Noel

• Like 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

FSX:SE is still pretty great though, but for a niche market that's an amazing variety of high quality platforms to choose from, and MSFS 2020 coming as well, not to mention Deadstick. Spoiled for choice.

Barry Friedman

That`s going to be the problem in the future the cost of keeping a large studio to continue development for a niche product, unlike and popular game that sells millions of copy`s in the first months.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

If you look at sales figures, and related products which have generated revenue as the measure of success, FSX is in fact way better than all its competitors combined.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

If you look at sales figures, and related products which have generated revenue as the measure of success, FSX is in fact way better than all its competitors combined.

That does not surprise me being someone that had 2 copy`s of FSX.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Only two? I had three: Boxed Deluxe version on release day in 2006, later bought another Digital Copy from MS store when it went to Acceleration a year or two later, and then bought a Steam version too a few years back. I suspect that it's a similar story from many users. Then we can add in all the revenue from other stuff which MS got a cut from such as developer licenses etc, then there's the sale of ESP to Dovetail and Lockheed Martin.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Only three? At one time I had five copies. In fact, I still have three (Gold). Unopened and never activated. If someone can CONVINCE me they have a deserving YOUNG flight-sim wannabe I'll send them a  copy. But the person has to be young and the story has to be convincing..........Doug

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Before this coronavirus thing, Doug, I used to hang out at the Sprint Store.  When I got my first iPhone I was in there all the time asking questions and those young people kinda became my adopted grandkids.

One young man was saving up his money to go to a flight school in San Diego.  I gave him my extra copy of FSX and my old MS stick to go with it.

Noel

• Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Good on ya Noel. We need the young folks. Else, how would we ever figure out how to text or all that other stuff the smart 'phones will do?  I spent over 30 years at "The 'Phone Company" and I know that all telephones should be black, have a 15 foot cord, and only be used to make or answer a call. Stay safe.....Doug