Sign in to follow this  
Ian S

Undocking windows causing FPS crash

Hello 

Up until two days ago I had a stable version of v4.5, HF2 running with a GTX1060 card. Without warning I suddenly started getting a Device Hung Error when undocking the default ATC and moving it on to my secondary monitor, which has a GTX760 attached (no SLI). I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and this seems to have fixed the problem. However, now whenever I undock a window and move it on to the secondary monitor, my FPS tanks to 1FPS. Steps taken so far, include - deleting P3D.cfg, deleting shaders, revering back to the old drivers,tinkering with various Graphics settings, including VSync. I also found on another thread some NCP settings to try, all to no avail. As I say, this is not something creating extra load to halve my FPS, it is breaking something that writes them off altogether.

Any suggestions please?

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hello 

Up until two days ago I had a stable version of v4.5, HF2 running with a GTX1060 card. Without warning I suddenly started getting a Device Hung Error when undocking the default ATC and moving it on to my secondary monitor, which has a GTX760 attached (no SLI). I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and this seems to have fixed the problem. However, now whenever I undock a window and move it on to the secondary monitor, my FPS tanks to 1FPS. Steps taken so far, include - deleting P3D.cfg, deleting shaders, revering back to the old drivers,tinkering with various Graphics settings, including VSync. I also found on another thread some NCP settings to try, all to no avail. As I say, this is not something creating extra load to halve my FPS, it is breaking something that writes them off altogether.

Any suggestions please?

Removed

Edited by Caveney737
Update to post.

19 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

I wrote a thread on this when v5 came out, but no one replied so I assumed no one cared.

Any way, the way I cured it was by turning on triple buffering in P3D menu. It also only

happened for me when using v-sync in the P3D menu. If v-sync was off, the frames remained

fine. Hope this helps.

Thanks, just trying that but how do I having triple buffering on whilst VSync is off? In my UI, have to have VSync on in order to enable Triple Buffering?

Ian S

38.jpg

Just now, Ian S said:

Thanks, just trying that but how do I having triple buffering on whilst VSync is off? In my UI, have to have VSync on in order to enable Triple Buffering?

Sorry, I tried removing my reply because it only related to v5 and I re-read your post and saw you were using v4.5.

Just to clarify, in v5 if you have v-sync off the problem isn't there, If v-sync is on then I found you need to turn Triple Buffering

on as well to avoid halving the frame rate when you have an un-docked panel. Sorry for the confusion.

1 minute ago, Caveney737 said:

Sorry, I tried removing my reply because it only related to v5 and I re-read your post and saw you were using v4.5.

Just to clarify, in v5 if you have v-sync off the problem isn't there, If v-sync is on then I found you need to turn Triple Buffering

on as well to avoid halving the frame rate when you have an un-docked panel. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, thanks anyway

Ian S

38.jpg

8 minutes ago, gb09f said:

If you are using GSX, this thread may be helpful:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23780.0.html

Bingo!

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Just for the benefit of the thread, incase anyone else encounters this. Go to the FSDT Addon Manager and click "disable RTT" - Render to Texture.

I've no idea how that cropped up, but you live and learn....

thanks again

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg