Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

QW 787 - Load Agent Issue?

HI Folks;

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing issues with new Qualitywings 787 Load Agent feature, specifically the fuel loading. For me It loads the payload ok (based on historic airline information) but it does not calculate the fuel as it should, as per the video and manual. It just leaves what's just there

I have been in contact with support but they are still trying to figure out what's going on and puzzled why it isn't. I think I saw something awhile ago about it being an issue and no longer working after an upgrade but didn't take note since I wasn't using the product then. I have tried everything possible but nothing, not sure if it's FSX specific or not.

I think most people just use the fuel information from their planning tool and not use that feature hence the reason why it's probably not an issue for most. But for me it's realistic since it takes the payload from real flights for the same season and time and then calculates the required fuel.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

awc. 

I use the Load Agent a fair amount.

It seems to set both the fuel and the payload for me most of the time. 

The few times that it didn't load the fuel for me, it ended up because I realized i hadn't yet entered a cruise alt in the CDU.

Does QW list what steps are required to make this feature work someplace ? 

It wouldn't be the first time QW failed to tell us about some important thing we need to do to get a particular feature working. 

1 hour ago, JeffLewis4 said:

I use the Load Agent a fair amount.

It seems to set both the fuel and the payload for me most of the time. 

The few times that it didn't load the fuel for me, it ended up because I realized i hadn't yet entered a cruise alt in the CDU.

Does QW list what steps are required to make this feature work someplace ? 

It wouldn't be the first time QW failed to tell us about some important thing we need to do to get a particular feature working. 

You are 100% correct mate, I just figured it out after going back and forth with the QW Dev on this. The Dev person did not indicate what it's looking for just said exec the flight plan.  However, the  screen shot of the "Progress Page" he provided help  me to figure out what else is needed to get it to work.

Also you are correct the manual and the official videos provided by QW just states that the Load Agent becomes available to provide the information once the Route is loaded into the FMC, not more details. I did everything including SID, STARS etc except completing the information on the Perf Init Page (Cruise Alt). And as you pointed out, that's what was missing:smile:.

You are correct the QW manuals (I also have the 757) overall just states the features (what it does) of the functions but often not how you obtain it or get there.

One comment I must make is that Ernie the Developer, kept responding to all of my questions as I kept trying different things and scenarios to make it work. Which was good.

Thanks JeffLewis4.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.