Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Liquid Cooler. Question

Recommended Posts

Hello All,

I have those 2 Liquid Cooler units which I pulled from retired Rigs, the y both performed flawlessly   

  • Cooler Master Nepton XL140
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2

I need to chose between two for my new Rig 

I7-10770K

Asus MB

GTX 1080ti  

Couldn't find any compression between the two so any input is very welcome

Tnx in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, N1125Y said:

Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2

I have this one and performs Ok.

Cheers, Ed

  • Like 1

Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, N1125Y said:

Couldn't find any compression between the two so any input is very welcome

 

I am sure you meant "comparison".  Ha!  Hey, you did not mention if you plan to push your new system, and if so, to what extent.  OC?  Also, your choice of a case can make a substantial difference. For my current system I selected a Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 (no longer available) for it's excellent arrangement/placement of fans. and the ability to allow you to configure airflow direction(s).

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, I meant  comparison but google got its own mind ..... lol 

 

Good points guys.

  • CPU will be pushed maybe 4.9Ghz or 5.0 Ghz.
  • GPU GTX 1080ti I don't see any reason to push this one to much, maybe a little tweak 
  • Case is Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case well ventilated 

Cheers

 

Yair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 1:28 AM, N1125Y said:

yeah, I meant  comparison but google got its own mind ..... lol 

 

Good points guys.

  • CPU will be pushed maybe 4.9Ghz or 5.0 Ghz.
  • GPU GTX 1080ti I don't see any reason to push this one to much, maybe a little tweak 
  • Case is Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case well ventilated 

Cheers

 

Yair 

I own a Corsair h100i v2 in my current FS machine, and another older rig with an older h100.   They have all been reliable and trouble-free (their strengths) for as long as 8 or 9 years with the older unit.  They are pretty good for cooling BUT for a lot of heat you may want a bit more.  But since you are re-using it from a previous setup that would be an economical option.

I'm not familiar with the CoolerMaster Nepton.


Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 3:15 PM, Mace said:

I own a Corsair h100i v2 in my current FS machine, and another older rig with an older h100.   They have all been reliable and trouble-free (their strengths) for as long as 8 or 9 years with the older unit.  They are pretty good for cooling BUT for a lot of heat you may want a bit more.  But since you are re-using it from a previous setup that would be an economical option.

I'm not familiar with the CoolerMaster Nepton.

tnx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...