Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Decreasing FPS

I am still getting the problems of frame rates dropping every 3 to 5 seconds and the sim becoming a slide show over time.  Flew yesterday from KBOS to KSFO in the PMDG744.  The frame counter is high (30 to 80 depending on ground or air) and then drops down to 7 or 12 or lower for a split second then back up.  By the time I got to SFO it was a longer drop, especially on approach and became a slide show.  Just horrible and completely unusable in its current state.  It is actually better than before HF2 but something is very wrong.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

38 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am still getting the problems of frame rates dropping every 3 to 5 seconds and the sim becoming a slide show over time.  Flew yesterday from KBOS to KSFO in the PMDG744.  The frame counter is high (30 to 80 depending on ground or air) and then drops down to 7 or 12 or lower for a split second then back up.  By the time I got to SFO it was a longer drop, especially on approach and became a slide show.  Just horrible and completely unusable in its current state.  It is actually better than before HF2 but something is very wrong.  

Similar to this? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138662

S.

50 minutes ago, simbol said:

Similar but I did not notice ever increasing CPU usage, maybe that is happening but I was not looking for this.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Similar but I did not notice ever increasing CPU usage, maybe that is happening but I was not looking for this.

Can you have a look? if it is the same, we can start collecting notes, etc. to get the common factor and hopefully find a solution.

S. 

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I had a similar problem with Navigraph Simlink in 4.5. Once I disabled it, the problem has gone forever.

19 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I had a similar problem with Navigraph Simlink in 4.5. Once I disabled it, the problem has gone forever.

Interesting.. I will suggest this on the P3D forums.

S.

37 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can you have a look? if it is the same, we can start collecting notes, etc. to get the common factor and hopefully find a solution.

S. 

OK will do, but might be a few days before I can get a long flight going again.

Mark W   CYYZ      

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

It's been happening to me since V5 came out.  I've tried just about everything to no avail.  Today I was going to uninstall everything and start from scratch...but because I'm reading about this being a problem for so many people, I don't think that will do any good.  So, I suppose we need a fix from LM.  That seems to be the only answer.

Stan

Slide-shows happened to me after installing the HF2.
Creating a new P3D.cfg file did the trick.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

16 minutes ago, spilok said:

It's been happening to me since V5 came out.  I've tried just about everything to no avail.  Today I was going to uninstall everything and start from scratch...but because I'm reading about this being a problem for so many people, I don't think that will do any good.  So, I suppose we need a fix from LM.  That seems to be the only answer.

Stan

Do you also get CPU going to 100%?

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

S. 

Hi Smbol. I had also decreasing FPS but with P3DV5HF1. After 45-60min of flying my fps was decreasing slowly but almost 50 to 60%.

My issue was TrueSky BETA EA on. I thought it was EA/Shader related because following solved my issue as a work around.

But with HF2 I do not have any issues anymore.....till now

My temp solution:

• Start a flight with EA on (my saved setting)
  • Wait till the scenario screen is loaded
  • Switch back to menu and turn EA off
  • Switch back to the flight
  • Switch back again to menu to turn EA Mode on
  • Fligh again
  • No FPS decrease anymore.

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Hi Smbol. I had also decreasing FPS but with P3DV5HF1. After 45-60min of flying my fps was decreasing slowly but almost 50 to 60%.

My issue was TrueSky BETA EA on.

My solution:

• Start a flight with EA on (my saved setting)
  • Wait till the scenario screen is loaded
  • Switch back to menu and turn EA off
  • Switch back to the flight
  • Switch back again to menu to turn EA Mode on
  • Fligh again
  • No FPS decrease anymore.

Regards Marcus

Marcus,

And does HF2 still shows this behavior?

S.

Just now, simbol said:

Marcus,

And does HF2 still shows this behavior?

S.

Not anymore. Is the OP on HF2 or HF1? I did not followed it from the beginning

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Not anymore. Is the OP on HF2 or HF1? I did not followed it from the beginning

We have people with HF2 reporting this issue.. so trying to narrow it down to the cause.

What AI traffic you use?

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

We have people with HF2 reporting this issue.. so trying to narrow it down to the cause.

What AI traffic you use?

S.

AIGAIM with only freeware AI

At This moment I am travelling from KMIA to SKCC.....1 hour till now and no FPS decrease

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png