Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Decreasing FPS

Hi Mike,

I agree. I use express installs for basic repeatability.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Mike,

from many years experience as a problem solver and customer support person there are considerations I have to make before giving advice. The clean install might result in feedback the user lost his settings. The express install looks quick and neat to a user but when they get to restore they can remember they have a setup to consider. When I get on site I have half an hour to assess and anther half an hour to repair. As can be seen on these forums, problems go on for days, page after page, because the basics have not been covered. As you intimate, that is often because the user is looking too far into it. Only a page or so ago the problems were with P3D and the fault of LM, but in fact were problems in the driver which I thought most likely right from the start. However I have to also cover other basics because on these forums I don't have access to the PC and I don't know for sure what the user has done up till then. It's not a thankful task as can be seen by the lack of upvotes. I appreciate your support as ever - thank you!

Regards

Steve

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

It's not a thankful task as can be seen by the lack of upvotes. I appreciate your support as ever - thank you!

Regards

Steve

I greatly appreciate the help you provided @SteveW

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm still not finished with this topic even though I found it on the 4th page of topics.  It seems that FPS still deteriorates on my flights that are more than short hops.   Eventually, at FL 22 and above in an airliner or fast plane, the stuttering starts and pauses occur and frustration settles in to the point that sometimes it's better to abort the flight and start over.   Believe me, I try all combinations of settings, EA on, EA off, and sliders more left and sliders more right.  Using FFTF and not using FFTF.  I've changed video drivers over and over trying to find the perfect one.  I've saved them all so I can go back if I have to. V5 is just NOT as reliable for me as was V4.5.  

I'll delete my shaders again and create a new CFG again so I might get 1 or 2 decent flights in.  I just hope that LM is getting reports on the stability of this version....and I sincerely hope this is a REAL problem so that it can be attacked and fixed.

Stan

Edited by spilok

Stan, it could be out of the left field but I had this issue once, on a flight from CYYZ tu LSZH, fps down to 1-5, stutter, back to 15-20 stutter etc...

I was about to abort the flight but instead, switched to window mode and found Radar Contact non-responsive, with an error message i do not remember; I stop RC program and Voila ! P3d resume as nothing ever happened !

I also read somewhere that windows could cut or reduce app sound, sure looks like what happened to me with RC before the lost of fps showed it's ugly head ?

Alain from Montreal

Edited by aljones

38 minutes ago, spilok said:

I'm still not finished with this topic even though I found it on the 4th page of topics.  It seems that FPS still deteriorates as my flights are more than short hops.   Eventually, at FL 22 and above in an airliner or fast plane, the stuttering starts and pauses occur and frustration settles in to the point that sometimes it's better to abort the flight and start over.   Believe me, I try all combinations of settings, EA on, EA off, and sliders more left and sliders more right.  Using FFTF and not using FFTF.  I've changed video drivers over and over trying to find the perfect one.  I've saved them all so I can go back if I have to. V5 is just NOT as reliable for me as was V4.5.  

I'll delete my shaders again and create a new CFG again so I might get 1 or 2 decent flights in.  I just hope that LM is getting reports on the stability of this version....and I sincerely hope this is a REAL problem so that it can be attacked and fixed.

Stan

Stan - I've been having the same problem. So far I am unable to track down the cause but I have a "quick fix". If I go to the menu - World/Time & Season and change anything and apply, screen blinks and fps are back to normal. A pita but better than flying at 7FPS.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

46 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Stan - I've been having the same problem. So far I am unable to track down the cause but I have a "quick fix". If I go to the menu - World/Time & Season and change anything and apply, screen blinks and fps are back to normal. A pita but better than flying at 7FPS.

Vic

Thanks for the tip, Vic.  I'll try that.  I have been going into Graphics and changing terrain density or something else and that works.....sometimes.  Other times it's too far gone and nothing works.  

I will try your band-aid and hope that LM is getting enough of this problem to make this a sim worth the time, effort and money put into it.

Stan

Always do a clean install Mark - doesn't seem to have made a difference in this case.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

Hello Vic,

How one can use this fix without affecting his online flight?

Thanks

13 hours ago, MarkW said:

Have you guys done a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia driver.  That was my issue, corrupted driver install, once i fixed that my problems were resolved.

Absolutely clean install every time....for years.  I've used clean install from Nvidia and from DDU.  Makes no difference for me.

Stan

8 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Hello Vic,

How one can use this fix without affecting his online flight?

Thanks

The interruption is minimal and the flight continues as normal with the FSP restored (for me). Just  a tiny change, 1 minute will do it.

Vic

The problem of slowing fps can be caused by something other than a glitch in the graphics driver. An addon running off the frame event might cause something like that or a gauge in an addon aircraft or some problem in the weather, or, who knows?

Or maybe some setting in P3D display settings is the culprit, whatever.

Why not find what's causing it rather than using frustrating work-arounds? Work-arounds are not fixes. Since most do not experience the fps slowdown, surely it is better to run a process of elimination to discover the cause.

I noticed yesterday my fps was cut in half using VSYNC and Unlimited fps and after a re switch on/off everything whent back to normal .

Still also Vpilot is giving me a hard time.sometimes just a restart works

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

Vic,

I had an opportunity to use this "quick fix" today.

The GOOD news and the BAD news:

• The GOOD news......It works!
  • The BAD news......... It works!

Isn't is sad that we have to resort to this to get our FPS back?

Thanks.

Stan