Sign in to follow this  
Caveney737

FFTF Dynamic for HF2?

12 minutes ago, aekaragi said:

Tried it, no luck.

I just checked on Chrome. It's a menu item: Settings -- Clear browsing data -- Cached images & files.

12 minutes ago, aekaragi said:

I think the problem is with the activation file, it generates a .net error.

Hmm. I know nothing about that. Is there anything helpful on FSPS's site?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

18 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am no longer using FFTF Dynamic in V5 since P3D seems to perform just fine without it.. on my trusty old 4770K / GTX 1070 system..

ps.

Maybe you can surprise us with an upbeat 1000th post which is coming up!

🙂 

That’s interesting Bert. I’m currently using FFTF and also have a 4 core CPU (7700) and a 1070. Haven’t tried without FFTF yet but might give it a go. Are you still using AM 245? 

26 minutes ago, mrlip said:

That’s interesting Bert. I’m currently using FFTF and also have a 4 core CPU (7700) and a 1070. Haven’t tried without FFTF yet but might give it a go. Are you still using AM 245? 

In V5, I am using AM=253

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

In V5, I am using AM=253

Ah ok, I've tried 245 and 253, didn't notice too much difference between the 2 but I might give 253 another run in HF2 now things are a little more settled as I had only previously used it in HF1.

Would you mind sharing your P3D settings if possible Bert as we have similar spec systems would be interesting to compare? Can do via DM if we are going a little off topic here to the original post

I had a reply to my ticket from Achilles.

I downloaded the new installer still getting error 00000002.

Have informed him via the FSPS ticket system.

I will try your tip, Pete. I have nothing to lose

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I have also experienced this, including downloading (via a different PC) and am still getting the error. I also have raised a ticket.

HOWEVER.......

By accident, I managed to get it working, but I cant work out what was fixed.

I've recently built a new OS disk (Win10 2004) and installed P3Dv5HF2 fresh with no prior installs. Into this I also installed FSUIPC6 and FFTF Dynamic.
My P3D and all related products are installed on a separate disk (D:). This D still contained the installs of P3Dv5HF1 and prior FFTF Dynamic prior to 'deactivation' and rebuild on the new OS.
I copied over my FSUIPC6 config from the old install dir on 😧 to my new install(2004) on D:.  Part of my FSUIPC config is to auto-launch a bunch of add-on exe, including FFTF Dynamic.

What happened then was when I launched HF2, FSUIPC6 attempted to start all the add-on exes that were configured in my old setup, which meant the OLD version of FFTF Dynamic (for HF1) was launched.

Of Course, this is the incorrect version for HF2, and FFTF gave me a warning that this was a mismatch.

So, I shut down HF2, fixed the start path to point to the new HF2 compat FFTF version (the one that refused to start), and started HF2 again.

To my surprise, THIS TIME, FFTF HF2 gave the the auth screen, where I was able to authenticate, and it then started correctly.

So by somehow starting the incorrect version of FFTF, its managed to fix something with the latest install config, so that subsequently starting the correct HF2 version is now successful.

Not sure how many others this might help, but perhaps Achilles might be able to work out what is missing with installing and starting HF2 from scratch.

Edited by c912039

I raised a ticked, too. But no answer yet. Checked the WINDOWS eventlog. The Activation.exe causes a System.IO.FileLoad Exception.

I'm sure Achilles will get it sorted in short order.

He'll be very aware of the issue.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

This was the reply from Achilles yesterday, further to opening a ticket:

Achilles Philippopoulos posted 29/06/20 14:53 

Hi,

I found the problem and fixed. Caused to my dev pc with the new windows 10 update of last week.

Installer reuploaded.

Can be accessed by the store or directly from

https://support.thefsps.com/kb/faq.php?id=23

Regards,

Achilles

45 minutes ago, wtravelair said:

Hi,

I found the problem and fixed. Caused to my dev pc with the new windows 10 update of last week.

Installer reuploaded.

Regards,

Achilles

I already tried this version and notified Achilles via a ticket that the error 00000002 still remains

I also notified through a ticket and Achilles sent me the same response twice to no avail. 

I don't know if this will help. I was having issues with the new install too. So I Re installed a working version and made sure it launched and then installed the new version on top of the old  and everything works now without a error in V5 hf2.   Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

It's certainly worth a go.

I'll give it a go

Stu

5 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Hi,

Installer reuploaded.

Regards,

Achilles

Got the same response from Achilles. Did not solve the problem. I don't think he's seriously looking for a solution.