Sign in to follow this  
Caveney737

FFTF Dynamic for HF2?

1 hour ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I don't know if this will help. I was having issues with the new install too. So I Re installed a working version and made sure it launched and then installed the new version on top of the old  and everything works now without a error in V5 hf2.   Josh

When you say a working version - what do you mean? What version of FFTF works for you in P3D v5 HF2?

52 minutes ago, wtravelair said:

When you say a working version - what do you mean? What version of FFTF works for you in P3D v5 HF2?

I meant use the original one for v5( the one from a month ago) install and launch it on its own to see if it opens. If it does open, then install the latest version without uninstalling the previous one. This is what worked for me.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Is 

11 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I meant use the original one for v5( the one from a month ago) install and launch it on its own to see if it opens. If it does open, then install the latest version without uninstalling the previous one. This is what worked for me.

Is it possible to share it!

1 hour ago, aekaragi said:

Is 

Is it possible to share it!

You have got to purchase it..

Bert

Considering I bought this from Simmarket last Friday, despite raising a support ticket, trying a range of user suggested workarounds, to be told by the developer to install the latest version when I'm aready using it (!) and this program is still not working for me is really disappointing and I'm going to say it - unacceptable.

I have been a long time and loyal user of this program, throughout all versions of P3D and I wanted to assure myself that it is not my computer so I have download and installed FFTF again for P3D v4 and it opens fine.

Therefore there seems to be a clear issue with this latest version for P3D V5 and HF2 on mine and several other users' systems.

Edited by wtravelair

There seems to be some strange going on. When I tried to run the v4 version I got a wrong version error. So, just to understand, you are running the v4 version in v5 HF2 without a version error message? I am still on Win10, 1909.

IF so, sounds like it may be a registry problem where the v5 directory is pointing to the v4 directory? Are there any Windows Event Viewer errors?

I am just another user.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You have got to purchase it..

I have already purchased it but it does not work with current version.

13 minutes ago, aekaragi said:

I have already purchased it but it does not work with current version.

OK.. understand.

Bert

I had a copy of FFTF for HF1 installed in a different directory, and because I had did a clean install of OS (FFTF was installed on non-OS disk), HF2 install of FFTF was pointed to a different directory, and did not over write FFTF HF1.

FFTF HF1 was not registered on my new OS install.

Starting FFTF HF2 constantly failed.

Accidentally starting FFTF HF1 (which the new OS had never seen before), caused HF1 version to start, and warn me that the versions didnt match the running P3D (HF2).  I shut down the FFTF HF1 version.

I then tried running FFTF HF2 again, and this time it actually started up and asked me for my registration details.

I suspect that there is a registry entry or config file, which on first start is supposed to get created. This might be missing in the HF2 version so it crashes.
When starting the (incorrect) HF1 version, it might have created missing entries (that HF2 version SHOULD have done on a new install/run), and therefore any start of HF2 thereafter, then found its prerequisites, and thus was able to start without error.

13 hours ago, c912039 said:

I had a copy of FFTF for HF1 installed in a different directory, and because I had did a clean install of OS (FFTF was installed on non-OS disk), HF2 install of FFTF was pointed to a different directory, and did not over write FFTF HF1.

FFTF HF1 was not registered on my new OS install.

Starting FFTF HF2 constantly failed.

Accidentally starting FFTF HF1 (which the new OS had never seen before), caused HF1 version to start, and warn me that the versions didnt match the running P3D (HF2).  I shut down the FFTF HF1 version.

I then tried running FFTF HF2 again, and this time it actually started up and asked me for my registration details.

I suspect that there is a registry entry or config file, which on first start is supposed to get created. This might be missing in the HF2 version so it crashes.
When starting the (incorrect) HF1 version, it might have created missing entries (that HF2 version SHOULD have done on a new install/run), and therefore any start of HF2 thereafter, then found its prerequisites, and thus was able to start without error.

Where can we access the HF1 version? Simmarket, where I bought this, only supplies the latest version as does the link the developer sent.

4 hours ago, wtravelair said:

Where can we access the HF1 version? Simmarket, where I bought this, only supplies the latest version as does the link the developer sent.

I keep a copy of every product and version I download on my NAS server, so unless you have a copy stored locally, I think you might be out of luck finding an online source.

Working now. Installed and activated without any problems. Thanks Achilles.

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

Yes working for me now, *IF* opened as administrator once installed otherwise same 00000002 error

Thank you