Sign in to follow this  
Caveney737

FFTF Dynamic for HF2?

7 hours ago, Caveney737 said:

This link works, but the download link it takes you to for v5 doesn't work, it gives the following message

'The requested URL /FFTFP3Dv5/FFTF_Dynamic_P3Dv5_Setup.exe was not found on this server.'

The link returns a 404 error as above.

Tried with Chrome and Edge, same result.

Stu

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

The link returns a 404 error as above.

Tried with Chrome and Edge, same result.

Stu

I've had the same thing happen BUT when I looked in the status bar, the program had downloaded. I'm gussing I double clicked the link, first click started the d/l and second generated the error. Check your downloads folder JIC.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

23 hours ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

Your antivirus deleted the updater.exe file

Negative, the updater.exe is correctly placed in the folder and executable, telling me that no update is available. Yet the FFTF Dynamic GUI shows a red text telling me that an update IS available, but clicking on it results in nothing. Checking my version number tells me that I have indeed the most current version installed, so I wonder why the software keeps telling me, that an update is available? Minor, but anyway...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just had an email for version 1.5.5 download link, for P3DV4.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Just had an email for version 1.5.5 download link, for P3DV4.

Yeap. I updated the installer for the latest win 10 update bugs

Achilles

Flight Simulator Plaform Solutions

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Negative, the updater.exe is correctly placed in the folder and executable, telling me that no update is available. Yet the FFTF Dynamic GUI shows a red text telling me that an update IS available, but clicking on it results in nothing. Checking my version number tells me that I have indeed the most current version installed, so I wonder why the software keeps telling me, that an update is available? Minor, but anyway...

It must be dns related problems. You can reboot your router or wait 24..48h for your isp dns refreshed

Edited by Achilles Philippopoulos

Achilles

I do not see how rebooting my router would solve the issue that FFTF Dynamic tells me that an update is available, if I have version 5.0.31.35253 installed, which is the same version you have linked above...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 hours ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

Hi,

I guess the download problem is related to dns. For those having such a problem, I recommend a router reboot.  

I really agree with doing a router reboot.  I did one yesterday and in addition to some new settings (30 fps in NCP - 60 fps inside sim - vsync off -using Active Sky and FFTF Dynamic),  I am pretty sure the reboot of my router has a lot to do with the success I'm experiencing in V5 right now.  Before the reboot...I did notice some difficulty in accessing one of my two 5GHz networks.  After the reboot, all of my router's networks were available and were very fast.  Very surprisingly, V5 ran flawlessly yesterday AND today with flights over 400 miles. This really needs to be done, I think, once or twice a month.

Stan

3 hours ago, spilok said:

I did one yesterday and in addition to some new settings (30 fps in NCP - 60 fps inside sim - vsync off -using Active Sky and FFTF Dynamic),  I am pretty sure the reboot of my router has a lot to do with the success I'm experiencing in V5 right now.

Occam's Razor would suggest that changing your video driver profile had a lot more to do with things than restarting your router, but given the lack of controlled variables I'm not sure how one can say one way or another....

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

19 hours ago, AnkH said:

I do not see how rebooting my router would solve the issue that FFTF Dynamic tells me that an update is available, if I have version 5.0.31.35253 installed, which is the same version you have linked above...

Perhaps your dns cache still seeing the old files.

You can try also with CMD with the command ipconfig /flushdns

Edited by Achilles Philippopoulos

Achilles

On 7/7/2020 at 5:21 AM, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

Until bugs of win 10 latest updates do not be fixed, we will keep it this way. We must be sure the software work for all and not for some.

I don't know what you're talking about here, as the new installer gave me the option to install FFTF Dynamic wherever I like, even the option to change the folder name. I installed on my secondary drive, and not in C:\.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

So  I run a 30hertz monitor with P3D settings of

1.  vsync on 

2.unlimited frames 

3. Triple buffering on

What would the recommended fftf settings be? 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

So  I run a 30hertz monitor with P3D settings of

1.  vsync on 

2.unlimited frames 

3. Triple buffering on

What would the recommended fftf settings be? 

Thanks 

I always used AGL mode. No messing about, it works great.

Just leave the default settings as they are.

I have a 60Hz monitor. Lock the frames internally to 30 and ust NVI to set frames to 30. Suppose I could do that in NCP but never tried.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

I always used AGL mode. No messing about, it works great.

Just leave the default settings as they are.

I have a 60Hz monitor. Lock the frames internally to 30 and ust NVI to set frames to 30. Suppose I could do that in NCP but never tried.

Stu

Thanks alot

14ppkc-6.png