Sign in to follow this  
h.uslar

Final Approach Problems

Hi,

I have been using Pilot2ATC for about two months now and so far I am pretty happy with it.

However, I constantly get issues when flying final approach. I learned through the forums that when the controllers clears you for the final approach you are supposedly cleared for final approach course and altitude. But sometimes this logic seems to fail.

For example today, while flying the QWENN Five arrival into KSLC 34R, I was cleared to descend to 9000 feet through the STAR to HAKKR. According to the approach procedure I should keep descending up to 6100, but even when cleared to the approach, controller starts telling me to climb to 10000 feet. I had to manually request descend to FL061 so I could properly capture the GS... in this is case I did that too late so had to go around. On the second attempt, controller gave me vectors to final and once cleared for the approach did not seem to care about altitude restrictions... so I went down to 6100 even before the published procedure. 

The other day while been vectored KSLC runway 16L I was given a final approach course to intercept the localizer that was way off an intercepting course... I was expecting to get further instructions but seeing that this was not happening I decided to make a steep turn back and then into a decent final approach course.

I don't know, it seems to be problematic specially in KSLC. 

I am using X-Plane 11.41, and the KSLC scenery by Short Final.

BTW: Is it normal to get headings to non 5 multiples e.g. 133, 247. I find it a little bit strange but I have no real life flying experience so don't know.

Best

Henrique

There were problems like you describe in an earlier version.

Be sure you are on version 2.6.1.2.  

If you still have the same issues, please email me (admin@pilot2atc.com) the log file for the flight.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

Hi Dave thanks for the prompt reply.

I was running the 2.6.1.1 R2. 

How do I update the app? Do I donwload the whole porgram again? The pilot2atc.com website is down now.

Best

When the web site comes back up, and I don't know how long that will take, download the update file (last button on the downloads page) and install it to your existing P2A folder.  That will preserve your settings and any data changes you may have made.

Dave