Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

I'm just glad that this new sim looks 100 times better than p3d...which is what I use. 

• Like 6

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Yes because it's wrong. I'm in the alpha and I've never seen a baked in wave. They move with the wind. You zooming in on a tiny little video and making silly assumptions 

Change your attitude man. No need is there? At all. You could just have said that the first time politely, instead of speaking to me like a child. Grow up. 

Pretty sure we've seen baked waves in some previous videos, usually ones touching the shore because the water masking didn't catch them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

https://imgur.com/dgHo7M3

check that out, that’s what they don’t want you to know. Clouds textured over ? 

So?! One alpha says that and you think it's a fact? It's just an opinion.

Well I'm testing it also and all I can say is My P3D and XP11 are uninstalled for a while now. 😉

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Change your attitude man. No need is there? At all. You could just have said that the first time politely, instead of speaking to me like a child. Grow up. 

No, all I said was the waves weren't baked in and you attacked me saying I'm stirring the pot. Whatever that means 🙄. I don't know if it was the face palm that triggered you but you need grow up 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Aside I have a certain feeling about such helpful "alpha testers".

All original orthophotos have clouds in some places naturally.  The second plague are color discontinuities which are inherent to a degree in all orthophotos, too. I can confirm this after playing with several orthophoto sources in AeroflyFS2.

ORBX & friends can work on limited areas and release the one-time result. Aside the fact that even MS/Asobo wouldn't have the resouces to clean up the whole world manually -  the next Bing update would invalidate their work anyway. 

Seen in this light, the only way can be automatic AI procedures, and this is what they are doing right now. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Pretty sure we've seen baked waves in some previous videos, usually ones touching the shore because the water masking didn't catch them.

Thank you, I knew it wasn’t just me ‘making silly little assumptions’.

I mean, who would have thought people would be making assumptions here, in this thread 🧐.

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

So?! One alpha says that and you think it's a fact? It's just an opinion.

Well I'm testing it also and all I can say is My P3D and XP11 are uninstalled for a while now. 😉

Where did I say it was fact? 

27 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Don't believe everything some supposed Alpha tester [or disgruntled tester) puts on the web. 

I'm an Alpha tester and I own X-plane 11 (stated with x-plane 8), P3D v4 (with a ton of Orbx scenery and Active Sky), MSFSX (I started with the floppy disk version), and DCS.

I decided not to upgrade to P3D to v.5 because of MSFS 2020 and I don't plan on ever going back to X-plane again..

Edited by Arwen
  • Like 11

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Different kinds of waves, maybe?  I have yet to see waves breaking on the shore.

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

No, all I said was the waves weren't baked in and you attacked me saying I'm stirring the pot. Whatever that means 🙄. I don't know if it was the face palm that triggered you but you need grow up 

No, actually you accused me of making ‘silly little assumptions’. Now, that’s grown up isn’t it?

Anyways, Goodbye. 

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No, actually you accused me of making ‘silly little assumptions’. Now, that’s grown up isn’t it?

Anyways, Goodbye. 

😭😭😭

1 minute ago, Arwen said:

Don't believe everything some supposed Alpha tester [or disgruntled tester) puts on the web. 

I'm an Alpha tester and I own X-plane 11 (stated with x-plane 8), P3D v4 (with a ton of Orbx scenery and Active Sky), MSFSX (I started with the floppy disk version), and DCS.

I decided not to upgrade to P3D to v.5 because of MSFS 2020 and I don't plan on ever go back to X-plane again..

Sounds good! 

56 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Tree scale still not fixed...  I guess this post will also get deleted like my last post 5 mins ago. 🙄

The Central Park sequoias were obviously entirely the wrong scale. These trees in the the shot you referenced look entirely plausible to be honest. Milford Sound, NZ is only a 2600 ft/790 meter runway. Those trees aren’t unrealistically tall by comparison. 

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

1 minute ago, snglecoil said:

The Central Park sequoias where obviously entirely the wrong scale. These trees in the the shot you referenced look entirely plausible to be honest. Milford Sound, NZ is only a 2600 ft/790 meter runway. Those trees aren’t unrealistically tall by comparison. 

You have got to be kidding... Is this the Milford Sound shot you refer to?  It's NZ and not some ancient section of the Congo or Amazon .

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-6_21_20

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S