Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

14 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

So VR confimed?

Yes. Development has been underway for months now. https://uploadvr.com/ms-flight-sim-2020-vr-high-priority/

13 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Not really. People will jump ship to MSFS2020 faster then you can say 'people who use VR are a VERY small minority and nobody cares what they think'. 

The writing is on the wall for X and P. They're finished. 

VR wasn't planned for the sim initially but after feedback they've changed plans and have been working on the VR implementation for months now, so I'll counter your argument that "nobody cares what they think" in that one of the biggest businesses in the world evidently does care.

I'm an Alpha tester for MSFS and I'm running things in parallel. As much as I enjoy MSFS, I haven't booted P3D out the door yet and the reasons are VR and NGXu. Though I'll also say that once these are available in MSFS I'm going to jump ship entirely to MSFS.

Edited by threegreen
Removed blank space.
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

15 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

So VR confimed?

You undoubtedly don't read the forum, or you would know the correct answer to that question.  :laugh:

v4WZlCt.jpg

This was dated 6/11/2020.

huey1177.gif

Edited by jpc55
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Yes. Development has been underway for months now. https://uploadvr.com/ms-flight-sim-2020-vr-high-priority/

I'm an Alpha tester for MSFS and I'm running things in parallel. As much as I enjoy MSFS, I haven't booted P3D out the door yet and the reasons are VR and NGXu. Though I'll also say that once these are available in MSFS I'm going to jump ship entirely to MSFS.

Makes perfect sense and confirms when it does happen - VR - it will be the final nail in the coffin for XP and P3. 

1 hour ago, jpc55 said:

You undoubtedly don't read the forum, or you would know the correct answer to that question.  :laugh:

v4WZlCt.jpg

This was dated 6/11/2020.

huey1177.gif

Yes, I should have clarified. I know they have it on the roadmap but it looks like a post release thing right now and not something they'll have ready on day 1. I hope they're not gonna take their sweet time with that. 

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

Yes, I should have clarified. I know they have it on the roadmap but it looks like a post release thing right now and not something they'll have ready on day 1. I hope they're not gonna take their sweet time with that. 

Track Ir is not even implimented yet for this sim.  I would think that it would be much simpier to add support for Track IR than for VR, so I would expect/hope that we would see that first.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

As much as I enjoy MSFS, I haven't booted P3D out the door yet 

Considering P3d graphics engine and default scenery is Horrible and MSFS is unbelievable, you better open the door.

Greazer.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

That prediction tells a lot more about yourself than what is happening.

Insecure people recur to schadenfreude to ease their insecurities. Better just ignore and have pity for them. 😉

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

LOL I had the alpha invitation email on my trash since... June 12 😱

Downloading now.

• Like 4

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

13 hours ago, Greazer said:

Considering P3d graphics engine and default scenery is Horrible and MSFS is unbelievable, you better open the door.

Well yes, but I have my reasons why that door is only halfway open at this point as I outlined above.

14 hours ago, Arwen said:

Track Ir is not even implimented yet for this sim.  I would think that it would be much simpier to add support for Track IR than for VR, so I would expect/hope that we would see that first.

TrackIR is much simpler to do, yes, which is why it's not really a question of what comes first I would argue because I don't see why they couldn't implement TrackIR while working on the VR implementation at the same time.

15 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

My guess would be that VR will come at some point after release because it does look like they are going to take their sweet time with that, but not because they aren't taking it seriously but because, as with pretty much everything, they said they would take their time to do it right rather than push out something half-baked. Asobo's VR experience will come in handy.

In any case, beta versions are usually feature complete and a good VR implementation is certainly nothing that one just shoves in at the last minute before actual release so I guess Alpha v5 and the first Beta version will show whether it's included on release day. That being said, they seem to have been working on the VR version for more than 6 months now so I assume it's not in early stages anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 hours ago, Greazer said:

Greazer.

When the announcement of MFS was made last summer, and we all saw the trailer and later the long pre-alpha footage video, I thought that it would be impossible to go back to x-plane... but it wasnt.. X-plane takes more imagination visuals-wise to get immersed but it is still a great sim. A full flight from cold and dark in the zibo is still fun for me... as long as i dont look out the window too much enroute 😕 

Many people will fly in both (MFS and p3d/xplane) .. at least until more planes come out for MFS. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

I think I read somewhere about an offline mode of this sim! So a request to the Alphas:

Please post some pictures (or videos) of this mode next time if it exists!

Thanks!

Edited by Andiroto

4 minutes ago, Andiroto said:

I think I read somewhere about an offline mode of this sim! So a request to the Alphas:

Please post some pictures of this mode next time if it exists!

Thanks!

It exists. It's been shown before. I can't describe it in detail or I'll break the NDA. I wouldn't expect them to publicize that mode very much though.

2 minutes ago, bonchie said:

It exists. It's been shown before. I can't describe it in detail or I'll break the NDA. I wouldn't expect them to publicize that mode very much though.

Why, reading between the lines, it doesn't seem 'good'? 

15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why, reading between the lines, it doesn't seem 'good'?

Haha.

I would prefer an option to save satellite data offline, as for example this can be done in Google Earth. You get plenty of offline areas with just 500 MB.

I only use Google Earth, got no idea of Microsofts technology, I hope that I am not promoting Google Earth here.

----

Btw. here is a new interesting video of Aus Sim at YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw2abPoHfdM

I actually don`t know if it was already posted. The video and the sim look as always impressive.

Some things I noticed:

At 2:01 (and even more on 6:58) the plane movements seem a little unnatural, it `s not the only video. For me personally this might disturb the flight feeling.

At 2:34 you can see that a car is driving on top of the satellite photographed cars. Personally I don`t have a problem with that. I `m pretty sure Google could have resolved this in no time by removing the textured cars on the road by using Automation.

Still its fine for me. Thumbs up for the developing speed.

Edited by BigDee