Sign in to follow this  
jay281

Loosing the love for P3D

Well.. I can get 30 FPS locked and sure, it looks smooth when just looking through the window. However when panning in the cockpit that fluid sensation simply goes away (fps still solid at 30 ofc). But this is an argument we will never come to an agreement about. For me, 30 fps simply does not cut it. And on occasion seeing people claim smoothness on even lower frames is just hilarious. To each their own I suppose.

But lets put that old argument to rest; we will never agree. Travelling at the moment, I haven't had the possibility to test out the new hotfix. How is it holding up?

• Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It is totally smooth but... It is totally smooth except when... It is totally smooth considering... it is totally smooth with <follow a list of trials and errors tweaks >... 

And anyway, 30 fps is totally overrated, It is totally smooth at 20 fps on my  monitor that I totally dumbed down at 20 Hz. Read my lips, SMOOTHNESS ! TOTALLY ! 

🤣

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

"30 fps is not enough...". 

Maybe, if you're a dog. In case of human you cannot see the difference. And: stutters when panning e.g. have nothing in common with fps. 

However, the future is bright, very bright.................

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, Pegaso said:

Maybe, if you're a dog. In case of human you cannot see the difference.

Again with this nonsense? Everybody knows that's not true.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

14 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Again with this nonsense? Everybody knows that's not true.

Yeah, absolutely hilarious. 😂

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 hours ago, Pegaso said:

Maybe, if you're a dog. In case of human you cannot see the difference. And: stutters when panning e.g. have nothing in common with fps. 

Not talking about stutters when panning. If you seriously can’t tell the difference in fluidity when quickly panning in 30 vs, say, 50-60 fps I just don’t know what to say. I sure can see it clear as day. And that nonsense about not seeing over 30 fps isn’t even worthy of comment as it’s plainly too absurd to be taken seriously. 

• Like 1

Richard

Actually, anyone who can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps on a fast moving object can consider themselves gifted: The CPU and video card don't have to be so expensive and work as hard, yet they perceive things as if they were 60 fps. Wouldn't you love that? 😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let me be critical for once, I've been flying lots in v4.5 and do enjoy it still and it's been great I admit it, but let's face the harsh unbiased reality, at this point I'm enduring it, and there's a saying that goes "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Most of my planes, are 6 or 7 years old and that includes A2A/PMDG ext.. on 9 year old tech that was ported from FSX using 15 year old scenery, and no matter how much lipstick and add-ons I put on it's still an old dog that just wants to spend his days in his comfy bed because his legs are tired.

Go and read the P3D forums and see if you want to jump into that mess, how many HF's are you going to need to just make it run, I know I know, we love our simulators and we've spent a whole lot on it and it's harsh but whether you admit it or not both LM/LR are selling unfinished betas before the seas open and the exodus begins to the promised land.

Yea I'm still pushing P3D v4.5 to it's limits but the reality is that soon I'll have to take that walk over to rainbow bridge and so will most of you.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

30 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Let me be critical for once, I've been flying lots in v4.5 and do enjoy it still and it's been great I admit it, but let's face the harsh unbiased reality, at this point I'm enduring it, and there's a saying that goes "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Most of my planes, are 6 or 7 years old and that includes A2A/PMDG ext.. on 9 year old tech that was ported from FSX using 15 year old scenery, and no matter how much lipstick and add-ons I put on it's still an old dog that just wants to spend his days in his comfy bed because his legs are tired.

Go and read the P3D forums and see if you want to jump into that mess, how many HF's are you going to need to just make it run, I know I know, we love our simulators and we've spent a whole lot on it and it's harsh but whether you admit it or not both LM/LR are selling unfinished betas before the seas open and the exodus begins to the promised land.

Yea I'm still pushing P3D v4.5 to it's limits but the reality is that soon I'll have to take that walk over to rainbow bridge and so will most of you.

I think you may be a little missguided there. I feel a lot of XP users will be happy staying with xp in the direction they are already going.

Time will tell of course but I hope I'm right!

Best  Phil

37 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

That is incredibly well said. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, philmurfin said:

I feel a lot of XP users will be happy staying with xp in the direction they are already going. Time will tell of course but I hope I'm right!

AeroFly and Flight Sim World also have or had hopes and wishes. If you go on Steam right now it doesn't even show anyone flying AeroFly and 50/50 on FSX and XP and all are having a massive firesale. The writing is on the wall as they say.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

11 hours ago, jay281 said:

Sure, after years of fiddling with P3D, this just isn’t true. 

Uh...it certainly IS true and factual.  I did literally only change two (2) settings related to vsync when I installed P3Dv5HF2, and I started my flight and began flying with smooth flight.

Here, I'll elaborate, just in case you care.  P3Dv5HF2 comes default with a settings profile that has the internal frame limiter set to 30, and vysnc OFF.  Anyone who has installed P3Dv5HF2 knows this.   I simply set the internal frame limiter to "Unlimited" and selected the vsync ON checkbox, and I was set.  That is literally exactly what I did.  If you don't believe that, I can't help you.  It's what I actually did.  (shrugs)   You can choose to disbelieve what I did, and what I experienced, and I could understand that since you weren't there, watching me -- but that is your prerogative, and I won't lose any sleep over it.  I know the 2 things I did, and I'm good with it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My enthusiasm for P3D (or flight simulation in general) is on a bit of a roller coaster ride these days. Too many little niggles frustrate me, like heavy stutters in specific locations around the UK, other annoying stutters that seem to occur (for no apparent reason) at regular intervals when on the ground, and the throttle wheel on my CH Flightstick Pro joystick constantly "sticking" when I am trying to taxi smoothly in my Boeing 737-600 (this last one is starting to drive me nuts). It can easily destroy my enthusiasm for flying, even if I have loaded P3D in a positive mood.

I just want everything to work properly, without feeling like I am fighting against it all the time.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png