Sign in to follow this  
jay281

Loosing the love for P3D

Whether these issues are related to P3D or not is irrelevant. My point is that niggles and issues (from any source) can significantly reduce my enjoyment of flight simulation. The "sticking" of the joystick throttle wheel has nothing whatsoever to do with P3D. It is simply a side issue that enhances the overall frustration, and causes me to lose interest. Buying a new joystick would probably solve this particular issue in the short term, but it would not solve those stutters. For the record, those "heavy stutters" occur in exactly the same locations every time, so they certainly are P3D issues. You could argue that I should reduce my settings, but doing that would destroy the visual realism, and that is something that I will not do. I would rather not fly at all than be forced to fly with low resolution textures and sparse autogen.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As I’m still an FSX dinosaur I’m looking at this thread from the outside as it were. However, although my plan had been to eventually move to P3D when my current rig eventually breathes its last, I have become a little concerned of late by the issues caused by what seem like relatively frequent upgrades to P3D. Although upgrades in general are a good thing I guess, the necessity to reinstall a lot of software when LM upgrades P3D seems a little troublesome. For this reason I am glad that when the time comes I will now have a choice between P3D and the pending new MS simulator.

Bill

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scianoir said:

the necessity to reinstall a lot of software when LM upgrades P3D seems a little troublesome. 

If you install add-ons outside the sim (which I do) -- it is no longer necessary to reinstall anything when upgrading the sim.  

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

21 minutes ago, Mace said:

If you install add-ons outside the sim (which I do) -- it is no longer necessary to reinstall anything when upgrading the sim.  

That's very good to know - thank you!

Bill

I dare someone to try 30fps using track IR. It’s good for a headache 🙂 

I can’t even imagine VR at 30fps. 

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I dare someone to try 30fps using track IR. It’s good for a headache 🙂 

I can’t even imagine VR at 30fps. 

Seriously? TrackIR is perfectly fine at 30 fps. Want slightly higher frame rates with coarser precision? Change the TrackIR camera from performance to standard. It sends a lot less information down the already clogged SimConnect channel.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I have, no problems, very smooth.  If one set the motion profile up correctly for trackIR, its very smooth at 30 FPS.

I’ve seen a lot of trackIR users videos with very sensitive profiles which will trigger excessive motion on minor head movements ... that’ll make anyone sick regardless of FPS.

Anyway for those that require 60 FPS just dial your graphics settings down a notch, it really is that easy ... I really don’t get why this simple task is apparently impossible?

Cheers, Rob

To be fair, reducing graphics settings is not part of my genetic code :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You can tell when a new sim version is on the horizon you get threads like this, you will see more before the end of the year. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg