Sign in to follow this  
rjchalklin1

Annoying Lag P3Dv4.5

Its been increasingly frustrating overtime so i would like to solve this. P3D seems to lag/stutter every 10-15 seconds i have a good FPS with high settings and a decent system so i am confused why it is lagging so much, the sounds glitch aswell. Is it CPU or the temperature of the computer related at all?

My PC specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790

NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti

16GB RAM.

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Any replies are very much appreciated.

Thanks.

For me 4.5 is butter smooth.

Have u tried to reduce ur settings one by one to find out which option is source of ur problems ?

It is tedious work and i do not see other way here

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

4 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

For me 4.5 is butter smooth.

Have u tried to reduce ur settings one by one to find out which option is source of ur problems ?

It is tedious work and i do not see other way here

Thanks for the reply. I have tried reducing the settings, even deleting generated files and letting them rebuild. Still lags when i'm up in the air.

What @Beardyman said is very true. Also useful to have Task Manager up showing CPU and GPU usage. One of them will often max out when the lag happens. Then at least you can determine what setting you need to reduce, probably CPU since it's 4.5. Good luck

Pete Gordon

ASUS TUF Z370-Plus | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GTX 1080 |  1TB SSD

1 hour ago, retepnodrog said:

What @Beardyman said is very true. Also useful to have Task Manager up showing CPU and GPU usage. One of them will often max out when the lag happens. Then at least you can determine what setting you need to reduce, probably CPU since it's 4.5. Good luck

Ok i'll see what i can do. I'll update here if i resolve the problem.

What is ur affinity mask setting, any mods done to p3d.cfg file, any shaders mod ? Try this - go to NVIDIA control panel > manage 3D settings ( global settings ) and activate 'Restore' option

Artur 

8 hours ago, Beardyman said:

What is ur affinity mask setting, any mods done to p3d.cfg file, any shaders mod ? Try this - go to NVIDIA control panel > manage 3D settings ( global settings ) and activate 'Restore' option

Was going to update here. I had no affinity mask setting in my P3D CFG so i inserted it in with the suitable number (mine being 85) and there was no lag at all! You need to make sure that the affinity mask setting is correct else the autogen will load much slower which i experienced, but managed to fix it in minutes.

Thanks for the help

Glad u figured out.

I use Process Lasso for cores management - u can try if u want

Artur