Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

Scenery Library Gremlin

I installed HF2 by deleting P3D and then installing the full P3D package.  Sim works fine. Somewhere along the line I messed up the scenery library, probably when I uninstalled P3D scenery. Now all my Orbx scenery is greyed out and I only see default scenery in the sim.  The Orbx files are all in my Orbx library,  outside the sim.  Should I delete all Orbx scenery and reinstall?  Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 minute ago, kevinc5 said:

I installed HF2 by deleting P3D and then installing the full P3D package.  Sim works fine. Somewhere along the line I messed up the scenery library, probably when I uninstalled P3D scenery. Now all my Orbx scenery is greyed out and I only see default scenery in the sim.  The Orbx files are all in my Orbx library,  outside the sim.  Should I delete all Orbx scenery and reinstall?  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Have you tried resetting the insertion points and also using the sync with sim option in Orbx Central? I believe others have reported this restored the proper entries in the scenery config file.

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Thanks foe your fast reply. Ran sync option, reports OK.  Unable to change insertion points of Orbx scenery.  Orbx entries are greyed out and move up/move down keys frozen.

You shouldn't have to re-download the sceneries, 1st try verifying the files, then boot up P3d and see if that worked, if not then try the "Synch" thing (that may be on the Help page),reboot P3D, then if you have to, reset the insertion points.

copy and past post by Nick Cooper;

If you had everything outside the P3D folder, then this is the advice from Ben.

If you have installed your Orbx products into a library (i.e., outside the simulator), when you uninstall v5 your Orbx products will still remain installed, but just not linked to your simulator.

Then, once you've installed v5, open Orbx Central. Click Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator. That will edit your Prepar3D add-ons.cfg, re-adding the Orbx library path and automatically linking your Orbx scenery again.

Once you have completed these steps, you must at least rename or delete your

C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg file

and let P3D build a new one.

You might need to delete the P3D v5 shaders at C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders.

You can delete the entire Shaders folder.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

3 hours ago, kevinc5 said:

Unable to change insertion points of Orbx scenery.  Orbx entries are greyed out and move up/move down keys frozen.

This is normal when using an external scenery reference, like the ORBX library. Package based scenery cannot be manipulated on the scenery library dialog.

The ORBX insertion point must be set in the ORBX Central app. 

If you can't see the scenery in the sim, make sure that the ORBX packages are activated - check the dialog "Options->Add-ons" in P3D, make sure that all packages are "checked".

Bes

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks kids... Tried all the suggestions and am still in the same place.

All the Orbx scenery is greyed out in the library. Default scenery is normal.  Sim displays the default scenery only.

1 hour ago, kevinc5 said:

Thanks kids... Tried all the suggestions and am still in the same place.

All the Orbx scenery is greyed out in the library. Default scenery is normal.  Sim displays the default scenery only.

Can you adjust the insertion points in Orbx Central?

Also check P3D Options/Addon Packages and see if your Orbx packages are listed there.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert