Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D4.5 HF3 Problem

I updated EZDok v3.0 for compatibility with the latest ASP3D beta.

Nothing else. Start the sim and .......... happened 

My shader folder is in place .

Yesterday while updated Nvidia new drivers, as always do, I use to delete shaders and p3d config so I get new generated folders. Everything was as normal.

BUT today with no reason it happened

The directory ShaderHLSL supposed to be in P3D root directory. Someone send me his directory and i paste it in my P3D root directory.

The sim started normally but without preview of the vehicles. I closed the sim and restarted and i get the same warning. The recently directory i placed in P3D root is disappeared

What the F... is going on here?.

Yes ShaderHLSL should be located in the root of the P3D install directory.

The are the source shader files the sim compiles for shader cache use.

Normally such folders are not removed (although hasn't a few Windows bugs resulted in folder/files being removed?)

I've seen a lot of so called missing folders accidently dragged into other folders nearby, hence missing but can be found with a search.

The recycle bin is another first point of call.

Could also be something really weird like it has become a hidden folder, or lost ACL permissions, or a disk corruption issue is developing, or AV has picked it up and deleted/quarrentined, or some unknown bug in an update has taken a fancy to the folder and its tasty files inside and swallowed the lot 🙂

Otherwise a repair of the P3D client should bring them back.

Would be interesting to hear the outcome.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

someone else reported that updating client does not help.

I paste the shadersHLSL directory i get from someone but while the sim is normally loaded the vehicles are missing. also loading the default flight and plane only the engines sound and black screen. 

Here is what happening and this is very very weird.

1. Uninstalled old client.

2. Installed new client and Shaders HSHL Folder within P3D Directory was recovered.

3. Run P3D.exe and I got black menu for plane's selection menu.

4. Try to load any scenario and get black screen

5. Exit P3D and Shaders HSHL Folder disappeared again

Total freaking mystery!

....Update

1. Repair the Client and Shaders HSHL folder was recovered (as expected)

2. HOWEVER. once I run P3D exe, the Shaders folder disappears from P3D root directory literally as I write!  

Quick question for those who experience that issue. Do you have both ORBX/Parallel 42 Immersion Manager and  AI Lights Reborn Professional Installed?

Experience exactly the same issue as you, ORBX/parallel 42 immersion Manager was updated this morning, yes I have but not Al lights.

i paste a friends ShadersHLSL directory to my P3d root folder AND no vehicle images in p3d also black screen while a flight was loaded.

Exiting the P3d ShadersHLSL gone

Having the same issue here, Updated nvidia yesterday but when i ran P3D after nvidia didnt really notice any issues nor did installing ASP3D Beta 6.

I followed a guide on removing all P3D V4 folders and now its taking forever to start P3d to check if it has fixed. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120763

Only thing i noticed today was an update to Immersion manager. Not sure if this affected things by any chance but this issue started just after this update completed an i ran P3D

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Ok. here is the conclusion.

Looks like Parallel 42 rolled out silent update for their Immersion Manager yesterday. When you start P3D, the IM starts simultaneously and wipes out the entire Shaders HSHL folder within P3D Root Folder. I disabled the IM from the list of active Add-ones, repaired the Client, ran P3D....and thing were back to normal. The Shaders folder is intact now

We have to ask Simbio to contact the guys ASAP.

Edited by G-YMML1

5 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

i paste a friends ShadersHLSL directory to my P3d root folder AND no vehicle images in p3d also black screen while a flight was loaded.

Never copy and paste Shaders manually. It's Bad, very bad idea. The client should recreate them automatically.  

14 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

You'd need to open a ticket with //42 - ALL of you! - that forum is user-to-user support, as noted in the title of the forum.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hello, As soon as I uninstalled Immersion Manager from Orbx Central and paste the directory ShadersHLSL to my P3D root folder EVERYTHING IS Perfect.

The Immersion Manager had an update if I’m not wrong this morning, that’s when all problems started.