Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D4.5 HF3 Problem

Guys,

immersion is not deleting this folder, it "reads" the content to check something. I suspect the "antivirus" solution you guys are using is detecting the folder being accessed and wiping it.

Can people with this issue report what antivirus product they are using? remove (unistall) temporally and check again if the problem persist?

S.

Edited by simbol

This is no antivirus issue ( i use defender), this is an issue with the Immersion Manager update that was pushed this morning. I just repaired the client and updated immersion manager they just released an update. Now everything is working fine

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Simbol, I do not use any AV because my pc is exclusively for flight simulator.

All day was trying everything since I saw a post according /42 and then  came to my mind about immersion manager that was updated this morning. As soon as I uninstalled it VOILA

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Guys,

immersion is not deleting this folder, it "reads" the content to check something. I suspect the "antivirus" solution you guys are using is detecting the folder being accessed and wiping it.

Can people with this issue report what antivirus product they are using? remove (unistall) temporally and check again if the problem persist?

S.

I use NAV, but as I said in my yesterday's messages, I checked NAV activity history as it was my first suspect.  No sign of NAV intervention or whatsoever 

Just now, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Simbol, I do not use any AV because my pc is exclusively for flight simulator.

All day was trying everything since I saw a post according /42 and the came to my mind about immersion manager that was updated this morning. As soon as I uninstalled it VOILA

Well I work with Immersion manager as well and I can tell you it has no source code to delete P3D\HLSL folders. It only "reads" to check something.

Windows 10 has an antivirus called windows defender. Can you add an exclusion to the entire P3D folder structure?

S.

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

I use NAV, but as I said in my yesterday's messages, I checked NAV activity history as it was my first suspect.  No sign of NAV intervention or whatsoever 

Can you disable it temporally to be sure?

s.

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Guys,

S.

I have the window defender and it’s been off for a week and I got this problem so it can’t be a anti-virus problem when the only 2 thing I did last night was update nvidia driver and the update that parallel42 did yesterday 

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can you disable it temporally to be sure?

s.

And then do what? 🙂 I spent a bit sleepless night trying to find what happened 🙂 

Edited by G-YMML1

2 minutes ago, jwcruz825 said:

I have the window defender and it’s been off for a week and I got this problem so it can’t be a anti-virus problem when the only 2 thing I did last night was update nvidia driver and the update that parallel42 did yesterday 

Well i am trying to help..

S.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Install Immersion and launch P3D to see if everything works.

S.

So what was the purpose of this new update that it was done today ? What does it change ? if they did a new one yesterday?

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Install Immersion and launch P3D to see if everything works.

S.

Should I update IM first?

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Well i am trying to help..

S.

I understand and I am glad that u are but it’s just odd and weird that this happen after a update last night

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Should I update IM first?

Yes

Make sure the Shaders folder stays there.

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 minute ago, jwcruz825 said:

So what was the purpose of this new update that it was done today ? What does it change ? if they did a new one yesterday?

Keven is trying to minimise anything that could be causing this, because we cannot replicate it.

S.