Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

Phenom 300 problems

Hi all,

I have again problems with the Phenom 300.

1.) I'm unable to select fuel weight in KG at the AUX page. Only selectable are IG and LBS, but the cursor cannot be set to KG

2.) I cannot open the baggage door fwd and/or aft. It does'nt matter I use the control panel or the std key strokes. If, for example the entry door is open

and I select fwd or aft baggage, the entry door closed. If all doors are closed, and I select the fwd/aft  door, the entry door opens.

Any help welcome

Peter

Ignore my threat.

fault  2 is spread now over all my planes, not only Carenado. Will going with a back-up.

Peter

Hello, I am running FSX Steam and I love the technology in the phenom 300 but I am so frustrated with bugs in this system. My problem is with the autopilot. I can fly it manually but I didn’t buy it to fly it manually. It is very difficult to set altitude, heading and airspeed! But what is really frustrating is my dealing with Carenado! They act like I’m the only one in the world having a system problem with the Phenom 300. I have many planes that fly beautifully on FSX. I really wished that this plane would fly as good as it looks! 

On 10/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, Jack Fortner said:

Hello, I am running FSX Steam and I love the technology in the phenom 300 but I am so frustrated with bugs in this system. My problem is with the autopilot. I can fly it manually but I didn’t buy it to fly it manually. It is very difficult to set altitude, heading and airspeed! But what is really frustrating is my dealing with Carenado! They act like I’m the only one in the world having a system problem with the Phenom 300. I have many planes that fly beautifully on FSX. I really wished that this plane would fly as good as it looks! 

What's your main problem? I can help you if you're having any struggles with AP!

Let me guide you: if you want to set AP to follow an specific altitude you must, firstly, rotate ALTITUDE knob for the altitude you want, for an example: 9000 FT (let's suppose you're flying at 4000 FT). Secondly, you will press VS (which controls you ascend and descend rate by feets/minute) and select a climb that corresponds to your velocity. When you press VS, your NAV status box (below the frequencies) will change to ALTV (Vertical Navigation Mode) and will show the ascend rate you have chosen (by default it's 0 FT). If you selected an ascend of 3000FT/MIN, it should shows as ALTV 3000 FT/MIN. Then your plane, if AP is engaged, will climb by the rate you chose. It's very simple!

So:

1. Set AP ON
  2. Adjust your altitude knob to what altitude you want (e. g. 9000 FT)
  3. Press VS
  4. Rotate VS NOSE UP/DN Wheel (Image 1) to the rate you want (e. g. 3000 FT/MIN)
    • spacer.png
  5. Wait for the AP adjust your ascend

By the way, you don't need to do that every time you want to change the altitude. Just adjust altitude knob for your desired altitude and the VS NOSE UP/DN Wheel.

Oh, Phenom 300 doesn't have autothrottle. You'll need to control your speed on your joystick or using F2 (increase throttle) and F3 (decrease throttle) by default.

That's it! Hope you can fly without any issue. If you need more help, feel free to ask!