Wow, my new Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick arrived today!  I just unboxed it - have not plugged in  or used it.  I do like the feel of the stick movement. Feels like good damping and tension, there's not anyplay around the center position  like my X56 does.  I'm looking forward to my first flight later tonight.  It came through the Microsoft store by Fedex.  Totally shocked!  All we need now is the FSL update for P3D 5.....

Jeff Callender

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jeff Callender

Looking forward to your report Jeff, please tell us how it goes.

Greg G

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hi Jeff,

I too would be interested to hearing your first reports on this stick. Seriously considering this to supplant my old X52.

I am curious as to how the swappable side button works? I assume there's a removable attachment that allows you to attach it to either side.

Also the functionality of the in-built throttle/rev thrust.

cheers
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

8 hours ago, aldridgem said:

Hi Jeff,

I too would be interested to hearing your first reports on this stick. Seriously considering this to supplant my old X52.

I am curious as to how the swappable side button works? I assume there's a removable attachment that allows you to attach it to either side.

Also the functionality of the in-built throttle/rev thrust.

cheers
Mark

It comes with a set of duplicate but opposite buttons.  There is also a switch on the bottom to make it a left side (pilot) stick or a right side (co-pilot) stick.  You just loosen two screws and attach the opposite set of buttons, then flip the switch on the bottom.  So far, I have not used the throttle or thrust reverser as I have the X56 HOTAS.  I'm trying to map just the reverser deployment.  I also pre-ordered the matching throttle quadrant to arrive in September.  That's what I'm really looking forward to.  I took a flight last night and I'm satisfied with the feel of the stick, the motion and resistance   I haven't mapped the tiller to the twist axis yet, so ground handling was a train wreck but that's my fault, not the stick.  I'm very satisfied with it and looking forward to the throttle.

Jeff Callender

• Like 3

Jeff Callender

Great! thanks for the update and answering my questions  Jeff.😉

Cheers
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I can't wait either, yoke is on it's way 😁

Mikael Leinonen

One thing to note, it looks like switching from a right hand (copilot) configuration to a left hand (pilot) configuration renumbers the button assignments.  If you are going to swap back and forth, you may want to build two separate control configurations.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

I would be interested to know how sensitive the throttle control is on this joystick, and also the build quality. The throttle wheel is sticking annoyingly frequently these days on my CH Flightstick Pro, and I am considering a total replacement. As for the upcoming throttle quadrant and accessories, will the flaps control unit be compatible with Boeing and other airliners? Am I correct in thinking that the Airbus A320 family only has four flap positions?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would be interested to know how sensitive the throttle control is on this joystick, and also the build quality. The throttle wheel is sticking annoyingly frequently these days on my CH Flightstick Pro, and I am considering a total replacement. As for the upcoming throttle quadrant and accessories, will the flaps control unit be compatible with Boeing and other airliners? Am I correct in thinking that the Airbus A320 family only has four flap positions?

I'm not using the throttle, but as with all axes, sensitivity can be adjusted.  I assume the flaps will be mapped to flaps extend and retract which are generic mappings in P3D.  There are four flaps positions, 1, 1 +F, 2 and 3.

Jeff Callender

Yes, but that's what I mean about compatibility with other airliners. My PMDG Boeing 737 NGX has eight flap positions. Will the Airbus flaps control unit be able to handle that?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

My PMDG Boeing 737 NGX has eight flap positions. Will the Airbus flaps control unit be able to handle that?

As it is written on Thrustmaster website (which I would recommend to visit) both the flaps detents and the reverser locks can be removed to adapt the unit to any plane model.

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2020 at 12:16 AM, Christopher Low said:

Yes, but that's what I mean about compatibility with other airliners. My PMDG Boeing 737 NGX has eight flap positions. Will the Airbus flaps control unit be able to handle that?

The aircraft itself has four flap positions.  For an NGX, you just map the buttons to the "Flaps (Extend Incrementally)" and "Flaps (Retract Incrementally)" events and you should be good to go.  You could 8000 flap positions. To the sim and the hardware, its just a button event.

Jeff Callender

Hi:

Anybody know when this item will be available in the US?

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home