Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

AIG Manager: Way too over complicated

So I've just downloaded AIG AI Manager.

Apparently, it's a "one-click" "powerful tool" to manage AI.

What?! No, it's not!!

I clearly need a computer science degree to even begin to get it to work. Can someone who is much more on my level (like most people), please decipher this for  me. How do I get it to work...?!

Just now, Chapstick said:

Did you start with the manual?

I need a degree in crypto speak just to get my head around that.

Seriously, it's so confusing and not helpful in any way

Can anyone explain in really simple terms how I get this working?

I'm a pilot, not a computer programmer... Apparently to get a flight sim working now you have to be both...!

• Like 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The manual and included tutorial could be better, but it has also worked for thousands of other users. Once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to use. You've probably learned to use a complex aircraft (maybe more than one even) in the sim and this is much easier while helping bring your sim to life.

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The AIG OCI Installer is very simple to use, don't see what's the problem in understanding it. Besides that, AIG traffic is very powerful, customizable and gets very frequent updates. The AI models are also excellent. I'm quite happy with it.

And I don't have a master degree on computing, BTW.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The last time I tried this I did not see any American flightplans so I just uninstalled the program, or airlines has this been fixed?  ie Southwest, Delta, American, United etc.  I only fly in the US so the others are not that important.

Edited by sgreen91

Sean Green

Its one of the best piece of free software I've ever seen and if I can use it then anyone can use it. I don't know of any US airline which is not included. All kudos to the guys who brought this to us 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sgreen91 said:

The last time I tried this I did not see any American flightplans so I just uninstalled the program, or airlines has this been fixed?  ie Southwest, Delta, American, United etc.  I only fly in the US so the others are not that important.

Sean, of course you have plenty of american airliners included, like the ones you mention. Also, from memory, you have JetBlue, Alaska Airlines, American Eagle, Delta Connection, Hawaiian, UPS, FedEx, etc., etc., all that you can imagine. If you fly outside the US, you'll find similar variety of airlines.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

The AI models are also excellent

Ed, do you use any payware AI aircraft? or all freebies? with AIG.

It can be daunting the first time around but well worth the effort. The manual does a good job of explaining the installation and the AIG support guys are really helpful. 

Powerful, complete, easy to use, reliable and free.

5 reasons not to use AIG.
😉

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

This topic went off at a tangent very quickly. The OP was asking for help to install the program and all of a sudden people are talking about different flight plans and payware versus freeware aircraft.

Keep on topic please.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm running my p3dv5 in full screen, how to invoke AI Companion with a key? (if possible)

Does AI Companion work on a networked client PC?

Thanks.