Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Traffic Global

It's been approximately two months since the release of v5, and "Ultimate Traffic Live" has yet to come out with an official installer. Therefore, I'm considering purchasing "Traffic Global," since it's compatible with v5. Any advice or recommendations? If you do own TG, how does it run? FPS friendly? When was the last update?

Edited by ssair1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Look for the excellent AI Traffic package from AIG (Alpha India Group). It's excellent and is updated almost every day with schedules, as well as models, airlines. And one more thing, it's freeware, but you can donate of you wish to support its continued development.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have it.  I take a pretty high FPS hit.  The airplanes look OK, not great.  I've noticed that the 737 don't have winglets.  There are airplanes around airports but sometimes I find airlines that don't belong.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 minute ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I've noticed that the 737 don't have winglets

You'd probably have to check your setup, you should have all types of winglets types on your B737s.

2 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I take a pretty high FPS hit

Very fluid here, on both of my systems, desktop and laptop.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

6 minutes ago, edpatino said:

You'd probably have to check your setup, you should have all types of winglets types on your B737s.

No, he's right (referring to TG, not AIG). While there are some 737's that have winglets (just regular ones, not any with SSW's). Most do not, the entire United and Alaska fleets for example irl all have SSW's and in TG, they have none all let alone most aren't even the right model of 737 either. I've also noticed many A320's that don't even have wingfence's either (Air Canada), let alone any with Sharklets or NEOs etc.

Do yourself a big favour and use AIG's free offering, it's superior in every way.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

15 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Do yourself a big favour and use AIG's free offering, it's superior in every way

Sorry, my fault, I thought he was referring to AIG.

Actually I'm a very happy user of AIG.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

It works in the sense that it adds reasonably well-suited aeroplanes to your airports, which most of the time are types and liveries you would see at those locations, and these do taxy and take off and land and taxy in, as well as fly around to various destinations. They're not always on the stands they would be on in real life, but they're a fairly close approximation of it. So if this is enough for you, and you want what is pretty much a one click solution, then you will be happy with it.

If on the other hand you want it to completely accurately represent your airports actual aeroplanes which are on the ramp there for real at any one moment, then you'll be disappointed because it most certainly doesn't do that.

One thing which nobody ever mentions, but which might have a bearing on using it if you use a second small monitor with your sim for utilities and such, is that if you run TG on a lower screen resolution when initially setting it up, the GUI does not display all the buttons correctly, including the 'compile' button, so you would never get it to compile traffic if you ran it at, for example 1024 px, since you'd not see the compile button to be able to click on it at that resolution. That is a pretty poor bit of GUI design right there.

Generally speaking, I have a lot of time for Just Flight, but Traffic Global's protracted development and slow progress is not exactly their finest hour, and if I was the JF boss, I'd have been sending a rocket up the developer's @rse, for not doing their job well at all.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

it's superior in every way

apart from 1-Click install (which it 'promises')!

GUIs came out in around 1985!

& many of you acknowledge that the Tutorial & Manual are 'sub-par',

how about, Dave, you help @Kaiii3 get some proper process & documentation?

& a fairly full fleet of AI payware is about USD$200 (Simmarket) - by my rough reckoning,

i just purchased AI Lights Reborn Pro & it has given me some good times with Traffic Global (VERY Early Access) - heck, AILRP even highlights the coding faults of TG,

some of us just do not have the time to 'wrangle' with sub-par install processes/documentation,

& TBH, i would prefer to indulge in some satisfying Quest VR time, when away from multiple flight sims. 

Ultimate traffic live works just fine. Just run the installer and add it as a addon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

& a fairly full fleet of AI payware is about USD$200 (Simmarket) - by my rough reckoning,

i just purchased AI Lights Reborn Pro & it has given me some good times with Traffic Global (VERY Early Access) - heck, AILRP even highlights the coding faults of TG,

some of us just do not have the time to 'wrangle' with sub-par install processes/documentation,

& TBH, i would prefer to indulge in some satisfying Quest VR time, when away from multiple flight sims. 

GUI is default Windows since we do not have the time or the $$$ to contract a designer for that. Remember this stuff is still freeware and it is not about the UI, it is a simple management tool - no need for a shiny UI.

The process will not change, it has been carefully designed so it can be extendet anytime with new futures without braking anything other. This program is still in a beta process and the documentation is WIP. For the release of AIM 1.0 we will update the whole documentation.

See you made there actual a great point: AILRP pointing out errors in a payware software you are using - IMO it is very sad that a payware addon has so major errors that some other addon is pointing to them - make me feel like it is not tested before release.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I have it.  I take a pretty high FPS hit.  The airplanes look OK, not great.  I've noticed that the 737 don't have winglets.  There are airplanes around airports but sometimes I find airlines that don't belong.

Go to the aig site and search for ai companion. Set it up there is a good guide on youtube and your frames should increase mine went from about 9 at egll to a usable 16. I set it to max 130 ai and radius of 10 miles 

I would get oom in p3dv5 at certain airports before but with this i'm able to fly without to many issues

Pete Little

8 hours ago, ssair1 said:

It's been approximately two months since the release of v5, and "Ultimate Traffic Live" has yet to come out with an official installer. Therefore, I'm considering purchasing "Traffic Global," since it's compatible with v5. Any advice or recommendations? If you do own TG, how does it run? FPS friendly? When was the last update?

Specific advice with regards to your questions:

- I'm considering purchasing "Traffic Global,"

Cut up your credit cards now, just in case you get drunk one night and actually decide to do this.

- Any advice or recommendations?

As I'm sure everyone already said, AIG. But UTL is a better option than TG, I still have UTL installed as a backup option to AIG in v5HF2.

- If you do own TG, how does it run?

Installation in v4 required a full reinstall of P3D to salvage the sim. Installation in V5 caused a host of errors, but the sim was salvageable with an hour or so of work to troubleshoot and remove TG, so I count that as a win. I believe the current version is better, but after my first two experiences I am not stupid enough to try it again. There are reports in these forums of TG causing CTD in v5HF2, so a reinstall is really not that tempting.

- FPS friendly?

How do you measure FPS if the sim will not run? 

- When was the last update?

The broader question is "Will it ever leave 'early access'.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

The product is donated to the community without charge. How about balancing that with praise for the excellent mostly freeware aircraft and multiple flight plans that quite frankly, put payware equivalents to shame.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

you'll all freak out if very Beta AIG OCI actually matures & becomes a normal $paid product.

we'll see the outcome together.

12 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

you'll all freak out if very Beta AIG OCI actually matures & becomes a normal $paid product.

we'll see the outcome together.

AIG AI Manager and OCI will never become payware. AIG has never been payware and is only finaced based on Donations

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png