Sign in to follow this  
Squatdrop

Rail traffic ?

4 minutes ago, Janov said:

If this new game does not include trains with the correct number, type and livery on the cars, running according to correct timetables (even with the correct delays here in Germany!), honking before they enter tunnels, working signals and gates, passengers waiting at the platforms and the cars running with livestock smelling like they do... I won´t buy this new game!

If an unladen swallow doesn't carry coconuts to tropical Mercia, I don't want anything to do with this game!

• Like 5

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:05 PM, WestAir said:

If an unladen swallow doesn't carry coconuts to tropical Mercia, I don't want anything to do with this game!

It could grip it by the husk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It could grip it by the husk.

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut! Of course we all know that, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second.

• Like 3

African or European swallow?

In any case I agree that without Trains and migrating coconuts this sim will be un-flyable!!

• Like 2

Barry Friedman

It would be very nice. Think about flying a Piper in the Rockies with a 2 mile long cargo train coming round the corner. But  there are some other things to be done first.

ugcx_banner.png

My dream is an open world sim with everything drivable, drive your car to the airport from your house, take a trip with a train or a boat etc... Who knows what the future has to offer, we may never have to live in the reality anymore, future generations will probably create their own dream reality on the computer.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

My dream is an open world sim with everything drivable, drive your car to the airport from your house, take a trip with a train or a boat etc... Who knows what the future has to offer, we may never have to live in the reality anymore, future generations will probably create their own dream reality on the computer.

And that is why MS has developed Azure.

We flyers are the guinea pigs to explore this new reality. MS has got very big plans for its future.

Seen the film Surrogates?

It's all coming...

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

9 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

And that is why MS has developed Azure.

We flyers are the guinea pigs to explore this new reality. MS has got very big plans for its future.

Seen the film Surrogates?

It's all coming...

• Like 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Who knows we are in 'The Matrix'. We're just a battery, our brain being fed the nicest of dreams. Hm ... maybe not even a bad thing. 🙂

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

8 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

Who knows we are in 'The Matrix'. We're just a battery, our brain being fed the nicest of dreams. Hm ... maybe not even a bad thing. 🙂

Yes, and if we ever got the perfect simulator...then we would freak out and it wouldn´t work. So the machines give us the wrong tree size and stutters to gripe about and all humans are happy 😉

• Like 1

Jörg Neuman , november 2019, in a German media.

Wir arbeiten aktuell auch an Zügen und Schiffen./We are currently also working on trains and ships.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Janov said:

Yes, and if we ever got the perfect simulator...then we would freak out and it wouldn´t work. So the machines give us the wrong tree size and stutters to gripe about and all humans are happy 😉

Agent Smith; "I've been studying you people during my time here and it appears you define yourselves by your suffering...."

He goes on to give one of the best movie monologues of all time describing the human condition.

Quite right Janov - if they gave us Matrix MSFS2020 Mk I (the perfect flight sim world) - we wouldn't be able to cope with it.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Jörg Neuman , november 2019, in a German media.

Wir arbeiten aktuell auch an Zügen und Schiffen./We are currently also working on trains and ships.

Link to the article, in German.

Wait, it had been posted here on the forum before, in English. This is the link.

Edited by RudyB24

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

On 7/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, skully said:

Going way out on a limb here but it would really be something to integrate Train Simulator into the worlds scenery.

The rail layouts are already there.

Take the Super Chief from Chicago to LA!

I did take the Super Chief from LA to Chicago as part of our 44 day AMTRK Around America Tour in 2013.  Fantastic Trip. 2 and 1/2 days on that leg. Fond memories 

• Like 2

I still hope their World engine being used for a flight simulator is just the first step. Would be nice to see other genres being added to engine and working together. 

I can imagine the flight simmers “playing” together with other guys playing train simulator, truck simulator  and ship simulator online.

And please, don’t get me wrong, I still want a real flight simulator, with good physics and all, but having a large and integrated online world with other genres of games would be interesting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2