Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

PMDG 747 bounces upon landing or takeoff

Anyone experiencing this issue. All addons are listed in video description.

No need to watch full video. All videos are marked at or just before the problem.

OBBI take off bounce.

OEAB departure bounce

OMAA arrival bounce

VGHS landing bounce

Edited by RVxSpeed

Muntasir Ahmed

Ahmed,

I presume that you have the latest version?

It was reported before by many people, anyhow check Mesh resolution under World to be at 5 or less. Some users got lucky with that.

Unfortunately it might be related to the scenery you using, try temporary disabling it and check again, you might be surprised.  

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

12 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Ahmed,

I presume that you have the latest version?

It was reported before by many people, anyhow check Mesh resolution under World to be at 5 or less. Some users got lucky with that.

Unfortunately it might be related to the scenery you using, try temporary disabling it and check again, you might be surprised.  

I have the lastest version. World is at 1m. So should i decrease it?

If it's scenery related issue. Then there will be big issue. Big lots of the scenery are obsolate. In other word there is no support from devs.

Muntasir Ahmed

Try with 5, you might get lucky.

I understand the problem with the add-ons scenery but some developers rushed with the updates or not at all. So for that reason try 5 or even less (I have it set at 19M just for the incompatibilities issues.) 

Edited by killthespam
  • Upvote 1

Something to look into the scenery itself, not the B747.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 6/27/2020 at 11:05 PM, killthespam said:

Try with 5, you might get lucky.

I understand the problem with the add-ons scenery but some developers rushed with the updates or not at all. So for that reason try 5 or even less (I have it set at 19M just for the incompatibilities issues.) 

Thank you so much. Reducing it to 5 solved the issue. So is this a P3D or PMDG problem? Because if it isn't either of them & it's a scenery problem i will be in big trouble. Because like i said. Lots of scenery that i use are old & developer have ended support.

Muntasir Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

Glad to hear that is somehow fixed. As I mentioned PMDG said that they fixed the issue, I'm not so sure because there are still issues with this at different airports and other airplanes don't do this at any mesh setting.

Apparently some people have this problem and others don't with the 747 (400 or -8), so for my point of view it's not fixed properly and is obvious that with a mesh setting of 5 or 19 this problem will not affect these airplanes.

The only fix for you for at the moment is adjusting the mesh at the 5 or 19M or hoping the actually they will fix properly the PMDG airplanes affected by this.

Unfortunately having old sceneries not supported by the developer it's another issue that you can't control. I have issues at JFK rwy 04 L/R or LGA rwy 31 with standard sceneries (no add on)  where if I'm only 4 or 5 degrees banked on very short final it will do exactly what you describing and I had to set my mesh at 5 or 19 to prevent this problem (only with PMDG 747s).

• Upvote 1