Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

milviz turbo otter 530/430 problem

hi everybody,
 just bought the 530/430 combo to use it with the milviz turbo otter.

but it does not work 😞 in the MVAMS i choose different RXP options but always i have 2 different problems:

1. i get a 530 gauge without the XP sign. i get a 430 gauge with the XP sign. but both of them, don't work. the rest of radios, rx radar work fine.

2. somehow i manage to make them work, but instead of getting the rxp picture on them, i get the old p3d4 picture.

in both cases, if i open the 530 in a window, i get no picture. and i can't switch it on.

any ideas?

thank you !!

ps. in other aircrafts, a2a for example or in any xplane aircraft, the rxp gauges work out of the box.

Nikos Kasimatis

Did you install the separate Garmin Trainer as part of the installation process?  If so, did you install the trainer, or the RXP, in a custom location?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

hi frank, 

no i didn't install it.

but i installed the rxp in the default location, c:\realityxp

i will reinstall everything then and let you know

thanks

Nikos Kasimatis

i reinstalled both 530 and 430, this time with the garmin trainer.

but again the same problem. no picture in the rxp 530 430, the 430 only has XP letters on it.

they seem to be dummy. i can't click anything on them. like they are dead

if i switch back to default 530 430, they work.

thanks

Nikos Kasimatis

4 hours ago, thenikos said:

i reinstalled both 530 and 430, this time with the garmin trainer.

but again the same problem. no picture in the rxp 530 430, the 430 only has XP letters on it.

they seem to be dummy. i can't click anything on them. like they are dead

if i switch back to default 530 430, they work.

thanks

OK. Be patient and wait for help from RXP.  It is a weekend and with pandemic issues prevailing, work from home encounters barriers to response times.  And time zones also are an influence.

When I, as a fellow user, have seen this type of issue posted it has most often seemed to be because of custom installation locations that the trainer or the RXP gauge cannot resolve.  May not be that in your case, but it was well worth taking a look at based on experience.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

32 minutes ago, thenikos said:

thank you frank, yes i will wait for rxp answer 🙂

Let me see if I can help a little..

First of all, the 530 without the XP logo and 430 with XP logo, is actually correct.

It is the way Milviz built the panel... 😉

For the buttons to work, you have to set both units to "Use GPS simulator commands".

Again, Milviz forgot to set this for you.

As for not powering on, that is an installation issue with the gauges.. My guess is that you do not have them working in any other aircraft either..

Shift+4 and shift+5 should pop up the windows.. there the buttons and knobs work.

Check your Windows Documents folder for rxpgn log files!

If you find them, print out what they say and post it here!

Just a guess.. but maybe the gauge is not finding the Garmin Trainer..

• Like 1

Bert

hi bert !!

progress 🙂 i pressed shift 4 and 5 and i got both of them working 🙂

now i was able to shift, right click on them, and check USE GPS simulator commands are you told me. they also both have the XP sign now 🙂

then i went to add ons menu on p3d4, setup the gns panels on the plane and ... now everything is working 🙂

except the animations on the vc gauges.

thank you very much

• Like 2

Nikos Kasimatis

Bert did it again!

I'm just one of those members that  follow the discussions on a daily basis. Your name keeps popping up with suggestions on how to fix things. Just thought I'd flag you Bert as one of the most helpful members and say thank you.

JJ

• Like 3

On 6/28/2020 at 3:58 AM, Jean-Jacques said:

Bert did it again!

I'm just one of those members that  follow the discussions on a daily basis. Your name keeps popping up with suggestions on how to fix things. Just thought I'd flag you Bert as one of the most helpful members and say thank you.

JJ

You Canadian's all stick together, LOL. Until it comes to your hockey teams.... and the Grey Cup!   And perhaps beer brands.  Yes, Bert has likely helped every member on Avsim at one time or another.  In my case multiple times....

Gee, with Jean Luc taken into account the realization just hit that I am surrounded my Canadians here!  It's OK. My passport has a couple of years left until renewal..

My St. Louis Blues are still reigning Stanley Cup Champions!
Hondajet%20-%20Blues-L.jpg

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS