Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Royal Air Force One !? - UK Prime Minister's A330 MRTT

As much as I like the standard, understated gray RAF transport scheme for their Voyager aircraft, I must say that Boris' paintjob doesn't look half bad! Mind you at nearly a million quid, you'd hope it wasn't rubbish!

https://www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk/business/why-the-union-flag-on-the-prime-minister-s-voyager-plane-isn-t-wrong-backwards-or-upside-down-9114420/

• Upvote 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Question is, who do we get to play the Prime Minister when they make the action movie, Bozza Force One?

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The tail is too flamboyant and LCC-like for my taste. I can´t picture the Queen flying in that. Sorry, I couldn´t resist.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

We definitely need an AI repaint and representative flightplans for this!

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Big debate on the flag - is it upside down? RAF swear it is not as per video, but to me and a lot of others it really does look wrong.

Guess they will have to fly everywhere inverted, bit tricky for the Queens cuppa. Assuming she hasn't beheaded everyone for following an obscure convention rather than what looks consistent and familiar.

For non Brits I should explain that it is very easy to invert the flag as the difference is quite subtle , it happens quite often. It is to do with the width of the white spaces.

I'm a fan of the Voyagers/MRTTs and I like the grey RAF livery but I don't think there's anything wrong with this one. This tail view is the reverse side of the Union Jack it seems to me  Interesting that Vespina can become a tanker again with the help of 10 people in half-a day.  

• Like 1

This is what you get from left media which is now most of them in the UK, it will be used buy the government and royals i suspect.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

30 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

This is what you get from left media which is now most of them in the UK, it will be used buy the government and royals i suspect.  

That is the stated purpose of the aircraft, Sherlock. It will no doubt be used by the left as well, if they think they are important enough. Whether  so much public money should be spent on a toy for them in these straightened times is another topic altogether.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Reader said:

That is the stated purpose of the aircraft, Sherlock. It will no doubt be used by the left as well, if they think they are important enough. Whether  so much public money should be spent on a toy for them in these straightened times is another topic altogether.

But it`s not just for the pm, but the leftist media are labelling it boris plane, it will be used buy the government reps and the UK industry reps and royalty, remember the royal aircraft are being scrapped, the media will never forgive use for leaving the EU.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

What with Brexit on the way, why fly an Airbus?

Shouldn't Boris be sportin' a BAE 146?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

the leftist media

Writing such things just shows where you are and is pointless. The media will always write a good story, it's their stock in trade.

• Like 1

Although this thread started as quite a reasonable discussion on the livery itself, with the direction it is going now I can’t help thinking someone out there is already using some WD40 to lubricate one of those big black padlocks!

Bill

5 hours ago, hovercrafter said:

Big debate on the flag - is it upside down? RAF swear it is not as per video, but to me and a lot of others it really does look wrong.

Yup, I'm one of the ones who also thinks it looks inverted.

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

the leftist media

You wouldn't think the media was leftist if you'd ever worked in it. I worked at the Guardian for over a decade, and trust me, the management practices there are so far to the right it's like being in a Dickensian novel. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here