Sign in to follow this  
mattloveday1987

This is what is happening when i approach an airport...

Hi Guys

I have a pretty well specification on my PC 9900K overclocked, 2080 gti card and 32gb of DDR4 ram but i keep getting autogen not load until long after i have landed as per the link below with the picture

Any ideas what to try?

Capture.png

Thanks

Matt

Edited by charliearon
embed photo

That's your system being overloaded with graphic information, including the autogen models as well as the ground textures. There is a quick way around it if you don't want to alter your settings (although altering your graphics to something less taxing settings would help), and that is to switch from 'full screen' to 'windowed' mode and then back again. Doing that will force a texture reload, whereby your system will dump the stuff you flew over a while back which is still clogging up the memory. 

Something to bear in mind with all ESP sims (P3D and FSX) is that they will consider loading anything in your scenery library into your video memory, even if you are nowhere near flying over it, so if you are flying from Moscow to Heathrow, and would therefore never pass over the middle of France, but you have France VFR photorealistic terrain for the entire Paris area with all its custom autogen installed on your system, it'd not be a bad idea to untick it in your scenery list prior to taking off so your PC ignored it when considering what to load up into the graphics memory as an example. Obviously the same goes for any sort of similar scenario. Doing that will speed your computer up no end when it is running a flight sim.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm pretty sure that if the sim was actually loading scenery or textures for the entire Continent or what have you that we would all be seeing constant vram and memory issues, which we aren't. 

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks guys - it's really strange although what you mention above makes sense

The sim is behaving very well - strong FPS with everything rarely dropping below 30fps - any other settings changes you recommend that might fix this?

M

I am rather sceptical that this is a consequence of his system not being able to keep up with graphical demand. He has a significantly more powerful system than I have, and my PC has no problem loading everything in front of me during flights. Granted I fly in clear skies and calm weather, but my Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density settings are full right, lots of AI traffic everywhere, 2048 textures, and high detail land textures and dynamic lighting enabled.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, mattloveday1987 said:

Thanks guys - it's really strange although what you mention above makes sense

The sim is behaving very well - strong FPS with everything rarely dropping below 30fps - any other settings changes you recommend that might fix this?

M

If you have your fps set to unlimited in the sim, try setting it to 30 fps as a test.

That gives these sim more texture loading time.

If that improves matters, you can add an FFTF line to your prepar3d.cfg file to make this work even with fps set to unlimited.

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

Try settings between 0.15 and 0.33

Bert

Hi

Not sure if this will help you but I have come to rely on the FPS FFTF tool in v5. I have an old PC from 2014. Provided I don't get stupid with my settings - fingers crossed, I rarely either get CTDs, blurries - which you showed, or non apprearence of autogen at the destination airport.

I use the AGLsetting with 0.15 to 2600ft then 0.33 above that, and it works a treat fo me. I feel it's allowed me to set my settings higher than I might otherwsie have got away with.

I am not prone to recommending paid for tools normally, but as I said, for me and I think a few others on this forum, it seems to work really well. Having said that - before FSPS updated their tool to HF2 I noticed that the reluctant autogen and blurry situation seemed to be improved from HF1 anyway. So some with newer machines may not need this tool.

None of the above means you can push your settings unnreasonably though - you have to be sensible and only give what your machine can take., No tool will help that - as others keep saying don;t judge v5 by what you're used to fro mv4 etc. P3D v5 can give an addictive impression of incredible smoothness and performance - then suddenly without warning, a crackle - CTD and gone.

Hope this helps.

Ray