Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Changed my settings....really good experience lately!

Of course, like everyone else, I've been playing with my settings....including various addons and NOT including various addons, but in the last 3 days, I've been having really good flight experiences (V5H2).  I've had few, if any, real stutters, few if any long serious pauses, and my FPS has been staying relatively consistent throughout my flights.  Absolutely NO crashes. Today was KPHL to KMCO and all went really well.

The BEST thing I've done and I really appreciate the "realism" I'm seeing is turning on EA!  I resisted doing that since it's been out because I was looking at the deep color as more pleasing. Well, it's not!  EA provides a much more realistic rendering of scenery to real flight than the alternative of NOT turning it on.  It's fantastic, and I'm really starting to appreciate it.  I do believe it helps to keep my FPS higher than when those kind of "cartoonish" deep colors without it are showing in the sim. I use it with Active Sky and with FFTF Dynamic v5. I am also using Ultimate Traffic Live with V5.  It works well.

I set my target frame rate at 45, use 2xSSAA, 16x Anistropic with 2048x2048 resolution.  I turn Vsync OFF, and my Terrain and Scenery Objects are all nearly totally to the right.  

I just can't get over how real the topography looks with EA on.  I really look forward to all improvements coming to this wonderful feature.

I will still keep trying to improve the P3d V5 experience, but I just thought I'd share this new positive feeling I've been getting recently when I fly.  I look forward to firing it up again.....right now!

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

I've just decided to go the opposite way. I fly now with EA off because with EA on, I see distant black airport textures shining through the EA generated low visibility weather conditions.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Looks good but I opt out for now....Clouds  and everything is more realistic at this moment IMO without....I believe they will improve in the future.

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

That’s cool for you and everyone should enjoy the way he wants. I really enjoyed EA on specific weather conditions and to make cool screenshots.

But for 99% of my flight, EA OFF because of its inability to display several weather types at 360 degrees. 

We’ll see in the future and maybe with 5.1.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

11 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

That’s cool for you and everyone should enjoy the way he wants. I really enjoyed EA on specific weather conditions and to make cool screenshots.

But for 99% of my flight, EA OFF because of its inability to display several weather types at 360 degrees. 

We’ll see in the future and maybe with 5.1.

You're absolutely right about using EA with certain weather conditions.  Sometimes the clouds are so very heavy that you find yourself in the "soup" for much of the flight.

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Of course, like everyone else, I've been playing with my settings....including various addons and NOT including various addons, but in the last 3 days, I've been having really good flight experiences (V5H2).  I've had few, if any, real stutters, few if any long serious pauses, and my FPS has been staying relatively consistent throughout my flights.  Absolutely NO crashes. Today was KPHL to KMCO and all went really well.

The BEST thing I've done and I really appreciate the "realism" I'm seeing is turning on EA!  I resisted doing that since it's been out because I was looking at the deep color as more pleasing. Well, it's not!  EA provides a much more realistic rendering of scenery to real flight than the alternative of NOT turning it on.  It's fantastic, and I'm really starting to appreciate it.  I do believe it helps to keep my FPS higher than when those kind of "cartoonish" deep colors without it are showing in the sim. I use it with Active Sky and with FFTF Dynamic v5. I am also using Ultimate Traffic Live with V5.  It works well.

I set my target frame rate at 45, use 2xSSAA, 16x Anistropic with 2048x2048 resolution.  I turn Vsync OFF, and my Terrain and Scenery Objects are all nearly totally to the right.  

I just can't get over how real the topography looks with EA on.  I really look forward to all improvements coming to this wonderful feature.

I will still keep trying to improve the P3d V5 experience, but I just thought I'd share this new positive feeling I've been getting recently when I fly.  I look forward to firing it up again.....right now!

Stan

That´s nice feedback Stan! And I am really feeling exact the same as you do. I just flew 30 minutes around SF with NA California TrueEarth. It was really pleasent and allthough I have some short stutters when the scenery is loading in a very smooth experience. I fly mainly in VR and stutters only occur in VR if the occur rarely. With an HP Reverb and the new rendering engine the sim is sooooo sharp and TrueSky is really looking very well for a first beta!

My Textures set to 4096x4096 (2048x2048 is also very good but does not really avoid the short stuttter from scenery loading in), Object Distance at High (low would be better and also CPU friendly I know - but my eyes love some candy) and LOD set to high also. My senery sliders are beside 1 notch comletely to the right. Water also high (because utlra also gives small hickups sometimes near water - wave rendering probably). 4xSSAA to sharpen out more within VR. 

At FB KSFO with NA TE I am getting 30 to 45 FPS within VR and easely 60 to 80 without VR at a 32" 4K monitor. I window my P3D smaller to save some "power" because my HMD is also needing some horsepower....that works just really good.

But flying into the clouds and out again is a real reallife experience. 

I am using FS Reborn PROF and AIGAIM and these two in combination are a real must have. AIGAIM is for free! With FS Reborn Prof the lighting effects are just stunning! Imagine the bright shimmering white landing lights coming torwards you and you are standing on the runway and looking to the white shimmering effect, getting bigger and bigger....suddenly strobes coming in.....then beacon will become visible.........there he is.....the "big bird" approacing. 😉

I fly mainly the aerosoft 330 with PBR cockpit textures and the ray tracing effects at sunset or dwan are also stunning on a PBR cockpit. With the Co Pilot Checklist function also a really goog immersive experience.

My next wish would be a really good update on the EA mode because this can handle much more nicer effects as we are now already seeing. I watched a lot youtube videos from Simul TrueSky and there you can really see what is possible! It is a very powerful tool.......and I am experiencing NO FPS LOSS at Overcast conditions with Haze or fog........imagine that in V4.5......

So....I hope you all may enjoy your setups and one thing you must keep in mind.....lots of addons claim to be updated and compatible to V5 but I am seeing also lots of smaller glichtes and issues wich can have really nasty side effects. I decided to ONLY use addons wich are fully updated.....one exeption...ORBX. But they are working on it.

So....happy landings and lets rock the "True Skies" 😉

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.329
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.1 Ghz | HT ON | 1.32V | AffinityMask=88061
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | 7479 Open Beta
ChasePlane | Via ORBX
FSReborn Prof.
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Airbus A330 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX TE NCA
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I hope you closed your eyes when you flew anywhere near the SF-Oakland Bay Bridge :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I hope you closed your eyes when you flew anywhere near the SF-Oakland Bay Bridge :blink:

Yes.....there are also a lot of not so nice buidlings you are right. But way better area compared to default or NA CA LC.

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

What is with you and this bridge obsession? 😊

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Truesky has some minor inconveniences, but I am willing to overlook them for the very different overall look that it gives to the sim. Much more modern in appearance, and much less FSX-like.

I would not now fly without it.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

14 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

What is with you and this bridge obsession? 😊

He probably sleeps under that bridge 😉

So bascly his "house" is not looking real.

Joke beside!

marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

• The SF-Oakland Bay bridge model in ORBx FTX Northern California looks like the real world bridge.
  • The SF-Oakland Bay bridge model in ORBx TE Northern California looks nothing like the real world bridge

Does anyone see anything here that makes sense?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:
  • The SF-Oakland Bay bridge model in ORBx FTX Northern California looks like the real world bridge.
  • The SF-Oakland Bay bridge model in ORBx TE Northern California looks nothing like the real world bridge

Does anyone see anything here that makes sense?

With all respect for your needs to almost wright every thread about your the Oakland bridge......Why are you so obsessed about it? Also it is off topic here..

Did you open a topic at ORBX and asked them? 

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Sorry, Marcus. That is my last comment on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png