Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Changed my settings....really good experience lately!

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Sorry, Marcus. That is my last comment on the subject.

And i mean it serious. Why don´t you open a topic on ORBX and make them beware  of this. It is your right to ask them. That would make a lot more sense as posting overhere. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Well done Stan and the others for persevering with the new sky and experimenting with settings. The new sky looks good and performance is also quite good. Take care with settings and EA and the simulation is better looking and less problematic with smoothness.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

19 hours ago, spilok said:

Of course, like everyone else, I've been playing with my settings....including various addons and NOT including various addons, but in the last 3 days, I've been having really good flight experiences (V5H2). 

Well 2020 just got more strange! Got my coffee and a quick look at AVSIM this morning. I thought I had shifted to another universe during the night. There right before my eyes was not one but two threads saying that Prepar3d was working good! I was thinking yesterday that I may have downloaded the only copy of Prepar3dV5 that actually worked! LOL! I guess if you don't try to run it on Windows Me and flight models that were designed for FSX in 1970 then things work out a lot better. Made my day!! Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

9 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Truesky has some minor inconveniences, but I am willing to overlook them for the very different overall look that it gives to the sim. Much more modern in appearance, and much less FSX-like.

I would not now fly without it.

Agreed. Some flickering and excessive cloud formations in places you don't expect them, some pop up bridges and other structures that are black silhouettes in the distance....but I, too, love flying with it and hope it's refined over the next hotfixes.

Stan

16 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Truesky has some minor inconveniences, but I am willing to overlook them for the very different overall look that it gives to the sim. Much more modern in appearance, and much less FSX-like.

I would not now fly without it.

Exactly, I feel the same.

What a lulu P3Dv5 TS is

Edited by Dirk98

It'll be neat when TrueSky actually, you know, simulates weather.

Just now, Chapstick said:

It'll be neat when TrueSky actually, you know, simulates weather.

It does most of the time already.

• Upvote 1

I prefer to use EA for my rotary flights, they're perfect. But once you get to the flight levels, for my long haul cargo flights, it lacks variation/formation. Keeping it off for my aluminum tube flights, EA on for my GAs.

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

I'm pretty impressed with it. Granted, it's a bit buggy and needs some work, but I understand it's beta. It does have a huge amount of potential. I do hope to see more pronounced cloud shadows and terrain shadows for that matter. But the blue, rayleigh effect is dead on. I found I had to knock down the cloud rez to medium to stay in my VRAM budget.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.