Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Static view keeps resetting back to zoom level 0.50

This started recently happening, whenever I enter Static view mode it shows up at zoom level 0.50, and keeps resetting back to it even whenever I change the zoom level using my middle mouse scroll wheel. It use to stick, but not sure why it keeps resetting back to 0.50. Not sure what the exact cause of this. The only thing I have done recently was update to Windows 2004 and have also updated Chaseplane as well. Could one of those be the things that caused it? Anyhow, I would like for it to not do this. How can I prevent it from resetting the zoom level everytime I manually change it with the mouse wheel? Even when I try to set the zoom level in the camera preset, it won't allow me to save it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Make sure you have the zoom controls set in CP, not in FSX/P3D

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The zoom controls are set in Chaseplane. But it won't allow me to save it for my Static View. Any ideas?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What about mouse wheel zoom?

It seems to get reset every time I try to use it.

2 hours ago, dekela said:

What about mouse wheel zoom?

It seems to get reset every time I try to use it.

That's what I've been saying. Whenever I'm in the Static View Cam and use the middle mouse wheel to zoom in and out, it will reset the zoom back to 0.50. The only way to get around this for me is that I have to go into the camera settings and set the zoom back to 1.00 and enable mouse scroll. The downside is that I have to do this each and every time I load up the sim. I am not sure why I can't save these settings. The same goes with my global/master settings which I have set many times for the pan, zoom, rotate values. They don't seem to hold either.

Edited by captain420

My settings under 'General Options" don't seem to be sticking. For example whenever I turn off Head Tracking (IR) or any other options. It will always revert back. I don't even use trackIR and have tried disabling that.

And as mentioned in my original post. Whenever I use my middle scroll wheel on my mouse to zoom in or out, it will always reset my zoom level. This type of behavior never happened before and I'm not sure what's the deal. I haven't changed any settings aside from updating P3D. Would like help fixing this issue, it's very annoying when I can't zoom in using my mouse wheel without it resetting my zoom level.

image.png

image.png

Edited by captain420

Can I please get a response on this issue please?

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

Can I please get a response on this issue please?

Aaron,

Although Keven will make an appearance here now and then, please note that this forum - as well as the //42 forum on Orbx - are clearly labelled as User-to-User, so the best bet for a response from the devs would be to submit a ticket here: https://parallel42.freshdesk.com/support/home

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I am having problems with my account on there. I have forgotten my password and have retried to reset my password, however I'm not receiving an email to reset my pw at all. I have tried checking my junk folder as well.