Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to prevent unrealistic AI behaviors at busy airports?

6 minutes ago, fs1 said:

I am looking for testers for my ATC Application, to test this new re-worked traffic conflict algorithm. So anyone interested please PM me with Skype/email details. Thanks!

Is it a stand-alone separation tool for AI Traffic or does it need the other ones installed as well, like those from here: 

Or will they benefit your tool, and does it work on a client PC like those that I've mentioned?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Is it a stand-alone separation tool for AI Traffic or does it need the other ones installed as well, like those from here: 

Or will they benefit your tool, and does it work on a client PC like those that I've mentioned?

Thanks!

It is a standalone tool. Regarding interaction with other applications, I am in contact with Roland and I sent him some code to test as there are some synergies.

Federico Sucari

Only tested an hour, but seeing planes taking off at RWY18 of EDDF and their fast entering of the RWY when the plane before is still on its T/O run brings me already tears of joy 😃

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

14 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Only tested an hour, but seeing planes taking off at RWY18 of EDDF and their fast entering of the RWY when the plane before is still on its T/O run brings me already tears of joy 😃

That is good to know! Thanks

Federico Sucari

Any update on this? I would like to know how it impacts on the arrivals logic of AI - especially at larger airports. 

• Like 1

I'm curious as well. Tonight I spawned in at KSAN and watched the AI taxi to wrong end of the runway, as usual, and thought about this thread.

Does it improve landing patterns reducing the number of go arounds?

Edited by jonezy10

Very important to me is, keep care of your aircraft.cfg files!

Keep them simple. I even avoid special characters in all of the entries.

Look for errors and mismatches. Especially look for typical errors like this:

atc_parking_code= should be atc_parking_codes=
atc_parking_type= should be atc_parking_types=

Using capital letters for the parking codes and types is recommended. Also avoid this: Gate instead of GATE, Ramp instead of RAMP and so on.

Also avoid GATE,RAMP. This is needless. Just use GATE or RAMP.

atc_airline= entry should also be in capital letters all the way. e.g. UNITED instead of United or FLYDUBAI instead of FlyDubai

You can use Notepad++ for searching of these errors in all aircraft.cfgs.

After that, AI ground ops and approach works pretty smooth in most cases.

Edited by Ronaldo1978

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero