Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Best low wing fixed pitch prop?

Usually these are the topics I'm answering...  but I'd like to use an addon that I can roughly replicate some of my real flying in.  Is the A2A Cherokee my best bet?  Is there anything else out there with fixed pitch prop (no blue lever)?

Thanks!

edit: Oh and preferably round gauges (glass would be ok if it's a nice addon)

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The A2A Cherokee is excellent! I find myself flying it more and more.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Alright I'll be using the Cherokee with mph.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A2A cherokee is also an early variant (180hp, straight wing and longer nose, unlike the JF warrior with tapered wings and 160hp engine).

My club uses a mix of both... call me a minority, but I prefer the JF Warrior II.

Either way, none of them will disappoint you.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The A2A Cherokee is a marvelous aircraft. It just feels right and gives me the best approach to RW flying. I mostly fl it with the GTN650 installed.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix

I really like the A2A Cherokee, and if I were to own an aircraft this would be the likely candidate.

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Another fan here of the A2A Cherokee. Would highly recommend.

The little details make this GA add-on come to life. Changed my VFR simming from infrequent 10-minute sightseeing flights to quite regular 2-hour X-country flights instead.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The JF PA38 tomahawk is really nice too, (with the x-plane version even better)

However, as you already know you simply cannot get better than  A2A for GA aircraft

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Yeah it's what I've set on...it's really similar to performance of the BE24....  approach and threshold speeds are almost the same which is great.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hey Ryan,

I got my PPL in a Cherokee, Tomahawk and 172. I can’t praise A2A enough if you like to practice procedures, instrument scan, and even go old school and do a partial panel NDB approach in rough weather - tons of fun (in the sim at least 😉

Go for it, and good luck with your training!!

Cheers,
Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

The A2A Cherokee is my favorite in that class.  It has it *all*. 

I also enjoy the JustFlight Piper Tomahawk, even though JustFlight have messed up the flight model with their latest version...(luckily, I retained the old flight model which was closer to the real a/c.)   One major, in my book, limitation of the JF Tomahawk is its lack of windshield rain effect, which would be amazing in that big massive greenhouse of a cockpit.  We're talkin 360 degree view.  

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have 300 real-world hours in a Cherokee 180, and the A2A Cherokee is so spot-on it's ridiculous. Absolutely superb airplane. The Just Flight 152 is great also.

Thanks gentlemen.  Some background on my real world flying.  I got my PPL ASEL way back in 2004.  But it was part of a collegiate program and I rarely flew after.  I had flown with friends in the right seat quite a bit from then until now but only recently that I started flying again...got my flight review a few days ago!  I've only got about 80ish hours total time and sadly only like 20 PIC.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks gentlemen.  Some background on my real world flying.  I got my PPL ASEL way back in 2004.  But it was part of a collegiate program and I rarely flew after.  I had flown with friends in the right seat quite a bit from then until now but only recently that I started flying again...got my flight review a few days ago!  I've only got about 80ish hours total time and sadly only like 20 PIC.

What's your goal? Do you intend to use a flight sim for refresher training? 

Right now P3D v4 is the most complete sim for refresher training. XP11 has a better flight model, but P3D is a more complete flight sim experience.

A2A is the way to go since you can even do a walk around the plane before each flight, an accurate before take off check, and you get a decent flight model. You are never going to get a flightsim airplane (or your body) on the air to behave like the real thing, but you can go over all the procedures and that should help when you are in the real plane.

A good yoke, pedals, throttle quadrant, and headset will increase realism. You can also go VR.

Best regards.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.