Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Prepar3d v5 to the Max - These Sliders go Up to 11!

Impressive. But what I don't understand is why some people feel that it is LM's responsibility to make third party complex aircraft and detailed scenery work properly with the sim's  IQ settings maxed out? Maybe some day we'll get there when the hardware improves. But until then it's the user's responsibility to choose the optimal IQ settings. Of course by IQ I mean image quality, but there's definitely a joke hidden in there somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SteveW said:

With the v5 HF2 sim absolutely stock maxed in every degree, 9980Xe at 4.1GHz HT enabled 10 core 10 LPs AM=349525‬, 2x2080Ti NVLink, 4k Monitor fullscreen full AA, Mooney at a Gate in EGFF Cardiff, in or out of cockpit, not seen less than 25fps. 28fps above 1000ft. Smooth as an androids bum.

“Take the HF2 Max Challenge”.

Give it a try, guys, and let us know how you go. 🙂

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Actually very nice looking in stock form with all the details, shadows and EA going.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

A note about the NVlinked cards in my dev system; they don't add much by way of fps, but they do improve somewhat the transfer rate of data to the main GPU through bandwidth sharing over the two slots in use.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

7 hours ago, SteveW said:

A note about the NVlinked cards in my dev system; they don't add much by way of fps, but they do improve somewhat the transfer rate of data to the main GPU through bandwidth sharing over the two slots in use.

Big question is when will NV linked cards work for VR one for each eye!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I think the VR experience would be less than optimal with these settings

For kicks, I tried to enable VR with max settings and it ushered me right back to the desktop. Maybe someday, but not a day that ends in "y" anytime soon.

• Like 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Look at the muddy blurry pics of the landscape around the 747. If this is P3Dv.5 at max settings, this is an utter embarassement.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, as per the second last dot point in the study protocol you have quoted, every single AIG airline and flight plan is active. Super Trafficboard lists 181 AI airliners.

Seeing as I was at KSFO for this flight test, I thought I'd try out the Queen, as all my other tests were with the MD-82. In flight, 13 FPS in the VC and 20 FPS in this external view:

3kBemS2.jpg

The way BA staff are being treated at the moment, I wouldn't be suprised if this actually happens!

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Look at the muddy blurry pics of the landscape around the 747. If this is P3Dv.5 at max settings, this is an utter embarassement.

Ricardo, I know that you and the guy that upvoted you are having a contest to see who can write the most negative posts about Prepar3d v5, but this is a thread about trying to break the sim with the sliders, not how to get the best landscape shot out of Prepar3d v5.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Negative posts? Selective much? I wouldn't say that stating Truesky is the best clouds in any sim. The water = best in any sim. How is that negative? 

What he pointed out, in 2020, is absolutely correct. Everyone banging on about how good P3DV5 is. It's not. It looks terrible. (with the exception of the clouds and water, they look really good). So, no its not all negative at all. 

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Negative posts? Selective much? I wouldn't say that stating Truesky is the best clouds in any sim. The water = best in any sim. How is that negative? 

What he pointed out, in 2020, is absolutely correct. Everyone banging on about how good P3DV5 is. It's not. It looks terrible. (with the exception of the clouds and water, they look really good). So, no its not all negative at all. 

Question. Would you happen to have envtex?

and do you use the water textures?

or do you find the P3d native is better?

ill have to test myself I guess.

thanks

mike

@OzWhitey verry impressive numbers indeed. Is this low VRAM usage only with the latest HF???

I actualy have an outdated GPU with only 4Gig of VRAM and IIRC my sliders were mid to low with a display in HD resolution and was hitting the same 2,7...2.9 Gig of VRAM.

Cranking EA on with low settings without Godrays the VRAM jumped to ~3.3 and with Godrays ~3.7....

Your numbers seam kind of "unreal" but if it's true then OMG!!!!!

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You say "Negative posts?", sounding aggrieved..and then 3 sentences later you say "Everyone banging on about how good P3DV5 is. It's not. It looks terrible." Usually you post - here, FS Elite, everywhere - about how it stutters, how bad it is, more about the stutters etc etc. Now you're telling me that it looks awful as well.

So...yeah...negative posts. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Oz

2 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@OzWhitey verry impressive numbers indeed. Is this low VRAM usage only with the latest HF???

I actualy have an outdated GPU with only 4Gig of VRAM and IIRC my sliders were mid to low with a display in HD resolution and was hitting the same 2,7...2.9 Gig of VRAM.

Cranking EA on with low settings without Godrays the VRAM jumped to ~3.3 and with Godrays ~3.7....

Your numbers seam kind of "unreal" but if it's true then OMG!!!!!

The numbers are definitely real, you may be able to read the VRAM off the screenshots if you peer hard enough. The reason I put the CPU/GPU/RAM monitoring data in the screenshots is so that you can see for yourself what it does in various situations.

Not sure if anyone here has a 4 Gig VRAM GPU and can comment on HF2 usability?

I leave the godrays off in normal flight, along with most of the other sliders I maxed out. For general simming, smooth performance is my goal (80 FPS, so I can get 40 FPS stable with the RIft S). There's a bunch of things like speedtrees and dynamic reflections that use a lot of computing power for minimal visual improvements under a normal use case.

Still, it's fun to experiment. 🙂

Oz

25 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You say "Negative posts?", sounding aggrieved..and then 3 sentences later you say "Everyone banging on about how good P3DV5 is. It's not. It looks terrible." Usually you post - here, FS Elite, everywhere - about how it stutters, how bad it is, more about the stutters etc etc. Now you're telling me that it looks awful as well.

So...yeah...negative posts. 

Don't spoil posts on him......it is wasted time.

I think we know what we are talking about. 😉

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png