OzWhitey

Prepar3d v5 to the Max - These Sliders go Up to 11!

25 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You say "Negative posts?", sounding aggrieved..and then 3 sentences later you say "Everyone banging on about how good P3DV5 is. It's not. It looks terrible." Usually you post - here, FS Elite, everywhere - about how it stutters, how bad it is, more about the stutters etc etc. Now you're telling me that it looks awful as well.

So...yeah...negative posts. 

Don't spoil posts on him......it is wasted time.

I think we know what we are talking about. 😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You say "Negative posts?", sounding aggrieved..and then 3 sentences later you say "Everyone banging on about how good P3DV5 is. It's not. It looks terrible." Usually you post - here, FS Elite, everywhere - about how it stutters, how bad it is, more about the stutters etc etc. Now you're telling me that it looks awful as well.

So...yeah...negative posts. 

You stalking me? You’re the only one with a problem with me? I never mentioned stutters in this post, you did.

And telling you? I wasn’t specifically addressing you. I’d rather you just ignored my posts to be honest, as that’s what I’m gonna do to yours from now on.  I’m not here for conflict, that you seem to be intent on creating with your snarky replies to me. I express an opinion. Like you do. If you don’t like it, just ignore it. It’s really as simple as that. Even better, just block me. Win win. 

12 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Don't spoil posts on him......it is wasted time.

I think we know what we are talking about. 😉

Yes, it's a pretty cool sim. 

I'm genuinely impressed with the stability with full-right sliders.

Is it practical to do this? Heck no. I'm a mid-range slider kind of guy. But I do have a few sliders further to the right than I did in v4 for everyday flying (mainly traffic and shadows, plus the addition of TrueSky). With a bit of luck, LM will optimise the DX12 performance further as the sim progresses.

• Like 1

Rob

Sim rig: i9900K @ 5GHz, 2080 Ti. Flying P3D v5, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS in VR. 

xHQaMSP.jpg CYpqh7S.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 6/30/2020 at 6:05 PM, OzWhitey said:

The numbers are definitely real, you may be able to read the VRAM off the screenshots if you peer hard enough. The reason I put the CPU/GPU/RAM monitoring data in the screenshots is so that you can see for yourself what it does in various situations.

Well I just reinstalled V5 with HF2 and found out why your numbers look better then those I have experienced....it seemed a bit fishy....

I did check the VRAM usage with MSI Afterburner and not with P3D Info display as you did in your screenshots. On my end with my settings (HD res and mid to low sliders) P3D shows using ONLY 2.2Gig of VRAM BUT MSI Afterburner shows 3.3...3.4 Gig.

Monitoring MSI Afterburner and cranking up the settings, P3D "died" just at the point when the max VRAM limit was hit (due to the fact that P3D died, I can't tell what the usage was in P3D but it was allthe time showing 1Gig less).

IMHO the P3D VRAM usage might be showing some wrong figures.....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

20 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Well I just reinstalled V5 with HF2 and found out why your numbers look better then those I have experienced....it seemed a bit fishy....

I did check the VRAM usage with MSI Afterburner and not with P3D Info display as you did in your screenshots. On my end with my settings (HD res and mid to low sliders) P3D shows using ONLY 2.2Gig of VRAM BUT MSI Afterburner shows 3.3...3.4 Gig.

Monitoring MSI Afterburner and cranking up the settings, P3D "died" just at the point when the max VRAM limit was hit (due to the fact that P3D died, I can't tell what the usage was in P3D but it was allthe time showing 1Gig less).

IMHO the P3D VRAM usage might be showing some wrong figures.....

P3D vram counter doesn’t show the VRAM being used by the OS and other apps. Instead it lowers the available amount to account for this. 

MSI afterburner will show the total across all currently used programs. Ultimate the figure is the same, just different ways of showing it if that makes sense

2 hours ago, mrlip said:

P3D vram counter doesn’t show the VRAM being used by the OS and other apps. Instead it lowers the available amount to account for this.

Sure but the available VRAM read out from P3D didn't match either....there was still a significant difference.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech