Sign in to follow this  
CYXR

FAA allows Boeing to test 737 Max

Hide the Pets and Children! A Boeing 737 Max may be coming to an airport near you!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

Hide the Pets and Children! A Boeing 737 Max may be coming to an airport near you!

By the time this thing is fully vetted and back in service, it may be the safest airplane in the sky. I just hope Boeing learns well from their mistakes. 

• Like 1

Chris

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

By the time this thing is fully vetted and back in service, it may be the safest airplane in the sky. I just hope Boeing learns well from their mistakes. 

The magic word being may. Boeing`s institutional shareholders are applying considerable pressure on it`s Board to recover their losses while they're having the ying-yang holistically litigated out of their minds. I`ve met civil litigators downed out on crack compared to the high they`re getting from this situation... It`s all getting very nasty.   It`s not just the Max scandal of course. The outlook for civil aviation in the short term is not good at all. I trust Boeing`s own assembly workers and engineers. I`m not so sure about all of it`s subcontractors. Hopefully Boeing`s Board will have learned that making aircraft flyable matters more financially than counting beans.     

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

It's about time!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Even if the 737 MAX is certified to fly again, I would be astonished (based on the current situation in the world) if Boeing can hold on to all of those existing orders. How exactly are airlines supposed to pay for all of these new airliners when they are chucking half of their existing fleets in the bin?

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, snglecoil said:

The concept of patching old aircraft has proven to be a faulty one. Developing a new 787 or A220 or A350 is the way to go. Patching an aircraft from 1967 four times over and putting those engines on an airframe like that doesn't make it the safest, it makes it the craziest concept in the history of aviation, Historically it has a great track record but moving forward we will see

“You could fly a barn door if you put a big enough engine on it"

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

“You could fly a barn door if you put a big enough engine on it"

Blackburn managed to with the Beverley (and 4 engines).. :laugh:

Regardless of patching up an old design, I would hazard a guess that any 737 MAX crew would be well versed in the minutiae of the MCAS system and how to manage it should it have a fit.

If Boeing want any adjustable, bipedal, self-loading test ballast to fly from EGCC to wherever for free then I'll give it a go. Granted I'd prefer freebies in other airliners over any variant of the 737, cargo or pax, but a beggar cannot be a chooser.. :dry:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

18 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Blackburn managed to with the Beverley (and 4 engines).. :laugh:

Regardless of patching up an old design, I would hazard a guess that any 737 MAX crew would be well versed in the minutiae of the MCAS system and how to manage it should it have a fit.

If Boeing want any adjustable, bipedal, self-loading test ballast to fly from EGCC to wherever for free then I'll give it a go. Granted I'd prefer freebies in other airliners over any variant of the 737, cargo or pax, but a beggar cannot be a chooser.. :dry:

Yes they will be well trained at the new MAX but to be honest if I had the option I would take the new A220 over the MAX any day. A ground up new design and it is sleeeeeeeeeeeek compared to a fourth generation headache. 

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

I'd sooner be on a slightly uncomfortable MD-11F whilst we still can, just me, the crew and the galley :happy:

You can wave at me when you fly past me, Matthew! :cool:

(Before anyone shouts Walter Mitty at me, I realise that because I don't actually work for a cargo company, the chances of me getting a jump seat, or even a seat behind the cockpit is zero to non-existent..)

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

... I would be astonished (based on the current situation in the world) if Boeing can hold on to all of those existing orders. 

They can't: https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-faces-big-737-max-cancellation-from-norwegian-11593477789

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

6 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I'd sooner be on a slightly uncomfortable MD-11F whilst we still can, just me, the crew and the galley :happy:

You can wave at me when you fly past me, Matthew! :cool:

(Before anyone shouts Walter Mitty at me, I realise that because I don't actually work for a cargo company, the chances of me getting a jump seat, or even a seat behind the cockpit is zero to non-existent..)

It's not that great. You have about 4 or 5 repurposed seats and you can't see much during landing and (high angle of attack) take off. As the MD11s are old, you'll hear it creaking along and wonder if that constant hiss is air escaping and how those poor AC packs are keeping up!

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Maybe I'm a masochist, Skewr.... :blink:

Thank you for the heads-up though.

Mark Robinson

Nah... this test flight  was just another Boeing PR stunt: discount European carrier Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA cancelled its orders for 92 of 'em  yesterday. It`s all getting tired; the  pimping of Boeing by greedy stock hustlers  and careless execs. willing to risks the lives of innocent people to enrich themselves. 

• Upvote 1